Whats your Favorite Quick detailer?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Max405, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

+1 for Prima Slick. Very nice QD spray. The Double Mint smell is nice too.
    I think I might actually get a gallon of this stuff.

2. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Prima slick is quick becoming my favorite. It's scent is intoxicating. (FWIW It smells like Mojitos according to Nick @ Prima).

Very nice stuff! I don't know if it'll beat out Z6, but I'll have to do a side by side comparison some day.

3. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

Their shampoo has the same smell.

4. CEE DOG

CEE DOG Any Rag Vehicle Washer

ONR for removing fresh bugs after a drive
    FK-425 for use while drying
    Souveran Spray Wax for use while drying every 4-6 weeks
    Dodo juice Tropical mist I like (got a sample from a buddy) but haven't had a chance to use it a lot.

5. Camaro5Ryan

Camaro5Ryan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I ordered a bottle of prima slick from Phil.. It's just ok I guess - I don't like the scent at all, but it cleans well and leaves a slick finish. I'll stick to my Adams detail spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Magnum

Magnum Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer for its hydrophobic properties. Helps keep the car clean through the rain.

Also adds some synthetic protection to extend the life of your LSP and adds some nice bling.

There's a gallon version in the Meguiars Mirror Glaze line (M135). Smells a little different but same product (This is what I use these days).

7. uber

uber Virgin Detailer

What forum another new member here, so I read this thread and you guys have some really good ideas and thoughts on QD products. I have one for you guys I was reading the dupont registry the other day and I ran into an ad that had a new line of car care products called uberwurx. Has anyone heard of this line and if so what do you think of it???

Thanks for your time and please stop washing in swirling motion...
    uber

8. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

prima slick (for durability and slickness), meguiars last touch (for gloss)

9. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Mmmm...
    Anyone here ever heard of this stuff before?

10. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'm guessing he's directly affiliated with the company.

11. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, Kinda looked that way.

So, Uber, if you know anything, do-tell.

Joe d.

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Gloss It QD is my favorite!!!

13. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

ONR i find is great at cleaning. but for gloss up-keep, i like to use a spray wax like a Dodo's red mist and then a final wipe with a QD like adams or Opt's gloss enhancing QD

14. ThreehundredC

ThreehundredC Virgin Detailer

what would give u a great shine for ,lets say you wash and detail your car perfectly clean then have to drive to a car show and get road dust all over it again

15. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

I just got my MB and i have to say this "is a game changer" it really does a good job drying especially the rotors and inside all the nooks and cranies... for a QD i use almost anyone of the brand names.... as long as the surface is in good shape all the QD do the job... i like the Autoglym , Mcguires .... i'm a noob so what do i know... :)

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

As long as you like what you are using, its all good. :)

17. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

BF spray sealant

18. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Chemical Guy Synthetic QD is my favorite it works great

19. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Someone sent me a sample of DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer and I was shocked at how mice it is. It is a true hidden gem.

FK425 is also one of my favorites along with DP rinseless diluted to a QD. You cant beat the price of the DP Rinseless when making a QD out of it.

20. SC4Boy

SC4Boy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Surf City Garage Hot Rod Detailer

Love that stuff and so glad i saw someone post about it either in this thread or another one. But i feel like it's everything that FK425 should have been. Same color, nice smell, and may actually have some kind of dust repellent to it. But the Hot Rod Detailer is so slick and cleans the car very nicely too. According to Surf City, they say it's for sealants but when i put it over 845 it seemed to give it a nice carnauba look.

I really like the detailer because it seems to add a nice gloss and slickness but doesnt seem to really give that plastic sealant look which is really a major score for me. So with that said, it will be the only QD i use now unless someone says they used that and found something even better. Although even then i may be hesitant to try something else.