Whats your Favorite Quick detailer?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Max405, Jul 16, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

QD+ (Light dust cleaner but mostly to make it pop) Scholl SW20
    QD (clean up car with more than days dust) : PoorBoys Spray and Wipe

2. Kaleo

Kaleo DB Forum Supporter

I actually keep a lambswool duster in my truck where I can quickly dust down the truck after work then apply my QD. I used to like OID and FK425 but here in Hawai'i with our tropical and humid climate it streaks.

I have since been using Werkstat Quick Wash and Acrylic Gloss sprays. I damn nearly drink that quick wash stuff man I go through it pretty damn fast ( isn't that right Ken?:headbang:)
    It leaves a nice slick finish, is cheap, and helps to minimize future dust build up.

As for the SV quick finish, yes it is very good especially as a drying aid but once again price point is a factor. Though for your porsche you would be fine with it, but as for me and my truck it just takes too much of it too fast which is why I just keep it on the shelf now and use it sparingly mainly as a drying aid.

3. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for addressing the Swissvax QD question. I am glad someone has used it and likes it. I think I am gonna get a bottle. I think I'll get a bottle of Adams and Zymol field glaze too. I'll let you know how it turned out. Jeeze... It might end up being more cost effective to re-apply concorso after every wash at the rate I am going here...

By the way, my drying aid is my Sidekick motorcycle dryer. Its a little handheld blowdryer mammajamma that has completely replaced my waffleweave drying towels. I just blow the water off now. Awesome.

Thanks for everyone who helped me on the this. This is without a doubt the best group of people on a forum that I've ever been blessed to know.

Thanks, Joe D.

4. tfonseca

tfonseca Virgin Detailer

Victoria Wax QD is very good too.

5. Bunky

Bunky Guest

For a drying aid or cleaning fresh bug/bird stuff, PB's Spray and Wipe (sometimes DP Rinseless wash)

For wiping down door jambs, I have been using Mothers Showtime. It seems to leave them nicer, slicker than ONR QD.

For slickness/gloss, I end up using a spray wax. The slickness non-durable detailer I have used has been FK426.

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

7. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

I use zymol field glaze on my nubas, however, G8GXP and I swapped samples of zymol field glaze and sonus carnauba spritz and we both found that they were very similair in looks and performance (I personally didn't find a difference and neither did G8GXP) So that said, after my bottles of field glaze run out i will be buying sonus carnauba spritz.

Another favorite of mine is Optimum Instant Detailer, cheap when you buy the concentrated version. Fk425 I do like too...can't go wrong with those

8. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

2nd Victoria and I'm a QD junkie. The label states that it's made to go over a nuba.

9. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I too use a side kick and love it .

10. Camaro5Ryan

Camaro5Ryan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Adam's and FK425 are my go to QD's... I like megs UQD for its hydrophobic properties, but its not available by the gallon. I'm not really a fan of the CG QD's, the speedwipe streaks and the synthetic doesn't seem to add any gloss, i just use them as clay lubes now.

11. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I wanted a Sidekick because of the size/profile but I was afraid it wouldn't be powerful enough so I got a Metro Air Force Blaster (the single-motor 4hp version) and it's pretty amazing but I do have to go back and wipe up any left-over water spots with a QD and a drying towel.

How does the Sidekick do at blowing water off? My Air Force Blaster gets the car like 70-80% dry and does the wheels flawlessly (including knocking water out from inside the barrels).

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Meg's Last Touch and ONR QD for me. They also seem to be the more economical options of other quick detailers.

13. Max405

I dont have to touch my car with a towel. The sidekick gets everthing off (with patience). My wife tells all her friends, "you gotta see my husband blow drying his car like a ...". Of course layers of wax coupled with its near perfect finish helps. I also get 85% of the water off with the old hose with no nozzle trick. The water just sheets off. The Side kick is by far my favorite detailing tool ever.

JD

14. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

15. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

You need to try the Master Blaster 8hp version, nothing stays behind and if let go of the hose it will come back and smack you. Heated/Filtered air, leaves no streaks of spots behind, ofcourse when you use good shampoo's and waxes/sealants.

I have been using one for a few years.

They are expensive but worth it.

16. Max405

Just what I need.. Another LSP. I am on a Swissvax kick, 2 months in. My LSP favs usually last for 4 months or so. Swissvax still going strong and I'm still loving it. I'll look into that when and if my love affair with SV starts to crumble. Thanks. JD

17. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I've never felt the need to try Zaino.

18. Max405

8hp? 8hp? Maybe I'll lose a hundred pounds, strap it to my back and fly to work with it everyday.
    8hp? Aren't you afraid of blowing your windshield off with that?

Just kidding. When the sidekick dies, I'll be checkin that out for sure. I dont have any side molding on my car to worry about blowing off.

Thanks, Joe D.

19. Max405

I heard its a complicated process.

20. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

I used to use Swissvax Mystery. Looks wonderful, but afraid a slight rain storm will eat right threw it :/

Plus here in SC summers, natural carnauba just re-flashes in the heat and leaves hazing everywhere...Nicht gut!