What's everyones process on washing pads?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by d00t, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I never clean my pads, I just kinda wipe them off.

2. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

Pressure wash mine out with 60 degree water. APC them if badly caked up. Then I squeeze out all the water, put it back on my rotary and spin the pad at 3000rpm inside a 5 gallon bucket... After that they are usually just slightly damp.

3. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Usually a spritz or 3 of 5:1 APC followed by a good working by hand and then rinsed out. After that I squeeze out as much water as possible and spin dry on the rotary. When I am done I put them in the cupboard to air dry for a few days ;)

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

+1 for this, but I throw them in the washer after, just to make sure I take all the dissolver out.

5. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

lots of great strategies!

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

just use water to clean all polish out, keep washing untill water squized is clear.

7. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Green Aussie cleaner onto the pad. then under warm running water, I give them a good hard massaging to wring all the crap out of them and then take em for a spin in the washing machine

or

same product (15ml) in the machine and after the wash, a double rinse

the green aussie cleaner actually softens and lubricates the pad and makes leaving holograms almost impossible 98% of the time as the polish never runs out of lube
    this is a completely natural product and does not effect velcro backing like dish soap can