What would you like to see in a sealant?

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jan 7, 2010.

?

What would you like to see in a sealant

1. Durability

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Smell

57 vote(s)
    90.5%
  3. Easy of use

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Look

35 vote(s)
    55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Durability and ease of use are #1. Colli 845 and DG 105 have both with one coat. I've gone through two bottles of 845 since September. Ask me if I like it.

2. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Not very durable, huh? :giggle:

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

1st-Durability, 2nd ease of use, 3rd the looks...

4. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Exactly. I couldn't give a crap about how products smell, just make them work. I would say for a sealant, I would expect the durability to be around 2-3ish months minimum. Also, I'm willing to put up a little fight to buff it off if the results are worth it.

5. tin

tin Any Rag Vehicle Washer

You never know though, bat piss may smell like coconuts and bananas!

But seriously, durability is no.1 and then usability next. I care a lot about smells, but mostly in the wax since that's the topper. :muscle:

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Looks come first for the customer. I cant name a single time when a customer monitored beading, obviously I want it to last as long as possible but lets be realistic.

Think logically about this:

If a customer washes his own car properly with super gentle stuff and uses a good QD regularly, whatever LSP you use will last a long time.

BUT....Most customers dont take the time to wash their car with the right stuff so they will end up stripping off MOST of what you put on in a few weeks anyway and those type of people who dont care very much arent going to complain that their paint isnt tight beading 2 months after a detail.

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I think most of sealants smell like solvent anyway, you will have to work on it to make it smell like bat piss...:applause2:

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Definitely agree with you there Dave.

9. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I detailed the inlaws car and later checked it when I visited. Someone must have washed it with Dawn since every bit of sealant was gone.

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I agree with Ankeet here. I want durability but what I really want is a super fast cure time that allows me to go right to the nuba with no adverse affects. This is why I LOVE Jetseal. 15 minutes after application I can buff off and 20 minutes later I can top with a nuba for an incredible look. Might not be the most durable but gives me the what I want.

11. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Blackfire