What Towels Are You Using

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by littlemissGTO, Mar 25, 2010.

1. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

$8.99 this week on sale WOOT!! Maybe going to grab 1 pack. One question- Do they lint?

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

costco here as well.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Ubers for me. I accidentally got a chunk of steel wool in with one MF. Didn't catch it, until I was pulling them out of the wash, and noticed they were sparkling. The steel wool was nice and evenly distributed throughout all the towels in that load. Wrecked a little shy of $100 worth of towels. They get used to polish exhaust, scrub carpets, etc. Sucks I gotta use nicer towels for that.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

sams club cheapy one. i usually use the orange ones for nasty work. easy to spot from the rest of my towels.

i think its like 10 bux for 24 towels or something like that.

5. pektel

I can't get Costco towels. A while back I was at my local COSTCO buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Biscuit, the Wonder Dog and was in the checkout line when the woman behind me asked if I had a dog. What did she think I had, an elephant?

On impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setter's butt and a car hit us both.I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. Costco won't let me shop there anymore.

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

7. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Mostly Costco towels for me, along with whatever other towels I've "demoted" from more sensitive work. Also, when drying towels wear out, I cut them up into pieces, and use them for dirty work.

8. luke093

WOW!! LOL

I don't have the balls to do something like that :p I thought you were funny on the forum sometimes, but your life is 10x as funny!

It sucks you can't shop there. Just ask someone else to pick them up if you need them?

9. pektel

i can.t take credit for that. I heard the joke in an email the other day.

10. luke093

:thud: ohh... It was a joke :p For a second there you were my hero!

11. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

I saw those, just couldn't pull the trigger on them.
    That was a great joke.
    Same here.

12. richy

richy Guest

Shit, Pete...that sucks huge man!!!

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

What did it smell like?

14. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

They are?

where where?

There is a bit. Plus they easily get frayed (hope I described it right)

Make sure to remove the plastic tag, it can scratch. When you remove them, it might ripe the towel a bit.

You get what you pay for :)

15. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

I checked the CT website.

I now see what you're talking about, the packaging is different but the towels look the same. Blue and white.
    and its 8.99.

Maybe they repackaged or maybe they're from another manufacturer.

Still, a good deal for towels that you can throw out.

16. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

You make me cant stop laughing :applause2:

thanks dude

17. pektel

Yeah, that was a bad day. After a bunch of cussing and swearing, kicking the washer, and then having a couple drinks, I saw the silver lining: I get to order more stuff, with good reason! Bought like 30 Super Premiums from Justin shortly after. LOVE those towels.

twigs and berries.

18. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I just end up using demoted MF towels/rags. Old waffle weave drying towels work great on door jams, etc.

19. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Heres another bump.

When using your grundge towels, are you going straight from where you keep them and using them with whatever product or do you dampen the towel somehow and then use your APC or whatever? I have boiled my work towels and washed them with Distilled White Vinegar in the rinse cycle and they still just want to push around water like when I'm cleaning door jambs. I guess next time I will try and spritz them down really well with ONR or just make up a small bucket of some and see if that helps with them being dampened. What are your thoughts?