What towels and where to buy them?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by piginapoke, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The Cobras from AG have got to be the WORST microfibers you can buy. They lint like you wouldn't believe.

3. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the same experience. The few that I have are all retired for dirty jobs.

4. jsraaf

jsraaf Any Rag Vehicle Washer

5. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I'll freely admit that I'm guessing here but a full container load seems like an awfully big bite relative to my perception of the size of most U.S. detailing supply companies. My experience is with exports from Japan and Taiwan rather than Korea and the PRC but it was fairly easy to arrange for a partial container with freight consolidator. The export company trading company and/or the manufacturer may act as the intermediary between the U.S. buyer and the consolidator. It adds a little to costs but it wasn't a huge bite in my former industry. It also introduces another point where things can go wrong but in my experience that is a relatively minor worry. I think product quality and exchange rates would be my biggest concerns if I was importing microfiber towels. For larger vendors that have the purchasing and import process worked out with reliable manufacturer(s) and a good trading company I suspect towels are fairly profitable.