What to use for trims?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by distrbd, Apr 18, 2008.

1. yoyomoefoe

yoyomoefoe Any Rag Vehicle Washer

iv used soft scrub w/o bleach to remove wax and polish from trims. works really well just watch it on the paint. tape off areas before doing it.

2. Nica

Nica Banned

I wonder how well Chris' new product would work on such situation :thinking: :thinking:

I've used Black WOW and have had great success...just as long as the trim is not a smooth trim, then Black WOW wont really work as the surface is to smooth for it...well just my opinion :peace:

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Cant wait till you get the patent in line so I can get a sample!!!!

4. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Yeah me too, I just love showing this off to people, especially crash shop owners who are set in their ways.

It is the most revolutionary trim care product on the planet.

"You can't buff plastic or rubber" they all say. well you can now

I'm not stopping here either, got more solutions on the board but I will keep quiet, gotta make sure I don't break forum rules

5. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Has anyone used the Mr Clean Magic Eraser for stained trim? Results?

6. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

wana know a weird thing i tried that worked really good? that turtle wax Icewax crap, thats all i used it for after i realized what crap turtle wax was

7. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

anyone tried the 1Z Plastic Cleaner + Protectant Combo. Works great too IMO

8. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

I've used this product to effectively remove stubborn scuffs from interior surfaces; namely thresholds and lower door panels fabricated of rigid plastic. This suggests the product would be similarly effective on exterior trim constructed of comparable materials. Be advised this product is fairly abrasive; members should first use this item in an inconspicuous area and proceed with gentle agitation to achieve desired results.

9. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

peanut butter?

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I never use any kind of cleaner. Take a stiff bristled paintbush (the one I have is red with bristles about 1/2 inch long) and gently rub, don't scrub, the offending mark. Cleans up every time without using any cleaners.

11. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba