What must I look out for in a Water tank?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by dschia, Oct 18, 2008.

1. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

I am eyeing to get a water tank first (dead broke) so that i could buy and hook up to a pressure washer in future but have absolutely no idea what to look out for. I am afraid that I will end up buying a tank that is of wrong use or lack of certain features that could not run properly with mobile operations. For anybody who has experience with water tank, is there any sweet or special features that i am suppose to look out for?

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Just a thought but I would buy the pressure washer before the tank. A least you could have the pressure to use. Can't do anything with just a tank. Just trying to help...:thumb:

3. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

I understand where you are coming from and previously i had some thought. However, as i am living in Singapore, the situation i believe is very different from your side as most of the residents are living in high rise building and all the cars are parked together at a common car park(either open space or multi-story). There was once I could not find any water at a open space car park and i got to go up to my customer house (level 4) to get 2 pails of water and guess what, how many pails of water do you need to detail a car? I end up going up and down for water and it looks very unprofessional.

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

You are absolutly right. My apologies. I wish I could help you more,,,:shrug:

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'm not sure what you have available to you in the way of water tanks, but most of the ones here in N. America are rectangular. If you go to the following website, www.car-valeters.co.uk , you can have a look at the tanks that they have available. They will be able to guide you through the things you will need based on your application. Hope this helps.