what is your favorite wash mitt?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cheeseenlo, Apr 9, 2008.

1. cheeseenlo

cheeseenlo Birth of a Detailer

Hey guys, just as the title says, what is your favorite wash mitt? Lately i've been using my microfiber chenille mitt. I feel that it cleans very well and releases debris pretty good also. I've used the shmitt all of last summer but i felt it was a bit too rough. The chenille wash mitt is really soft better than anything i've used before.

-Sam

2. Nica

Nica Banned

On my own vehicles I use the Zymol sponge, I don't mind using the shmitt's iether but I prefer the Zymol sponge.

These two are prity much my washing tools oh soon I'll be using one of those sea sponges, look forward on using it :thumb:

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Vroom m/f wash mitts. I love these mitts. I just need a couple of extras!! They are so plush

4. cheeseenlo

Have you ever used a grout sponge? Can you compare it to the Zymol sponge?

Actually i might just have to pick some of those up LOL. Every time i walk past the auto section in Target i always find myself touching those mitts.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

No, can't say I have used a grout sponge. I'll be receiving a sea sponge shortly though, can't wait I've been wanting one of these for a wile now :gidiup: :gidiup: is it Friday yet :waiting: :waiting:

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I use sheepskin for the vehicles and the chennile for wheels.

7. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

sheepskin!

8. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

Hey Nica. How do you like the Zymol sponge, and issues with marring? I've always used the Eurow mitts from Wal-Mart and always been happy. I thought the Zymol sponge looked pretty cool...

9. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

Eurow Sheepskin mitts or Viking sheepskin mitts (are they the same?) for traditional washes...I tried the whole grout sponge thing when it was big on Autopia and I marred the **** out of my car with ONR over the winter. Live and learn, I guess...

Pete

10. Nica

Nica Banned

To be honest that's about all I use on my own vehicles, I have never had an issue with it indusing any micro marring or dirt getting stuck inside of it or anything like that. I'm very pleased with it, it has performed very well for me. But that's just my experiance with it.

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I am a big fan of the ShMITTs. I have a bunch of all white ones.

I am interested to see what everyone else is using though!

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I'm not a wash mitt person anymore, but I have used the sheepskin (I don't like how it sheds and holds onto debris), and microfiber mitt (I like this mitt the best). I love using the white shmitt, and those grout sponges from home depot.

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Last year I used the Ulti-Mit. What I don't like about it is the fact that on the version I own(the initial one I guess), the backside foam holds MUCH more liquid than the washing side. The thing gets heavy. I wouldn't recommend it for ONR/DP 4in1 washes; I used the MF Chenilles for those.

This year it's the White/Yellow SchMITT that's gonna rub my car's paint. I'm also considering purchasing a Grout SchMITT for ONR washes. I just hope my hand fits better in the White/Yellow SchMITT when wet that it does in the Black Wheel SchMITT I have.

14. richy

richy Guest

I've been using the Lowe's grout sponge after reading about it on Autopia and taking al53's advice. I love it for conventional washes. I'll stick with my chenille one for ONR washes though.

15. t-bird

t-bird Any Rag Vehicle Washer

ProLine GROUT SPONGE from Lowes $1.89 can't beat them . I all so use them to put wax and glaze on with.

16. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

I use the lambswool mitt. I used to use the Eurow ones from walmart but I think they stopped carrying them. Currently I'm using a Mothers mitt. Seems just as good as the Eurow but it does shed just a bit. I'm thinking of going with Lowes grout sponge next. The vroom microfiber mitts from Target ( the blue ones) also got my attention, they feel super soft. I may try these as well.

17. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I have been using the grout sponges since last summer...and they work fine with a bucket wash...I use the muppet head mitts for the wheels...

I still use a wool mitt on some cars I do that have a soft paint like some Hondas..a Model T a friend has...

I have 3 diiferent grout sponges from different makers and they all have worked the same..mar-less.... Lowes...Home Depot and Ace hardware's ....

AL

18. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I perfer to use 2 beautiful girls in microfiber swims suits. It's easy on the eyes and I' don't get dishpan hands. :thumb:

Caution: some marring is possible if they get to carried away.

19. cheeseenlo

I totally agree with you Al-53, Honda paint is a real pain in the ass if your not careful. I never actually tried a wool mitt, i hear they don't last very long and sometimes shed. I also tried the home depot grout sponge with mixed feelings.

Overall, thanks for all the input so far.

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

The Shmitt! Used LC Ulti-mitt and still prefer Shmitt!