what is on my paint? No clue at all, pls help ...

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by ahwil_lim, Jul 20, 2009.

1. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

just tried using Optimum Power clean ... without dillute ... dwell few minutes... result remain the same :(

2. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

not an expert but from the second picture, not sure if its the camera or not but it looks like its under the clearcoat. I would take it to a trusted body shop to identify the problem then take it to the dealership and complain. Omit the part of u using the buffer :thumb:

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

How could be make it worse if it was under the clearcoat?

I'm still wondering if it's an acid type of stain or something. Water will sort of reactivate the acid and make it start etching again.

4. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

oopps missed the part about him making it worse :sorry: im stumped then...

5. std aja de

std aja de Any Rag Vehicle Washer

have you try wet sand it?

6. BretFraz

BretFraz Virgin Detailer

I would look at it with a magnifying glass or loupe and see what it is up close. The pics are too blurry for us to know.

The fact that the spot is getting worse when you trying to polish means it is not a surface scratch or scuff. Could be etching, or a stain burned into the clearcoat, or a problem with the clearcoat itself.

I would stop rubbing it until you can determine what the spot is. You might need to take it back to the dealer or to a body shop for repairs.