What IP wipe down used after polishing b4 LSP?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Usjdmtuner, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

Hello people... I usually just wash the car after I polish and spray QD before I use Paint cleanser and then LSP. Ive never really did IP wipe before LSP but ive been noticing that a lot of detailers do. Input would be a lot of help.. THANKS

2. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

IP = IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol (91%)

Mixed in various concentrations. Normally you see 1:1 Isopropyl Alcohol to Distilled Water, and as I just read today, wipedown with non-diluted IPA. The paint cleanser may be enough after the QD. :shrug:

I know Al uses Prep-Sol and others use Menz Top Inspection.

3. Usjdmtuner

thanks bro... i think i should be ok with wash and qd...

4. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Why are you using a QD before the paint cleaner?

5. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I use prep sol after every panel done....thats what its made for..to remove any oils ..waxes and silicones from paint....I find it works much better than the Alcohol...Top inspection is basicly a Alc mix also....prep sol evaporates slower so gives more cleaning time....the faster evaporating product is called Final Clean by dupont..they are about 18.00 a gallon....

2-3 sprays a panel with a dampened cloth gets the paint very clean..squeeky clean...

then after all polished I wash the paint to ensure all gritty residue is cleared from paint surface and clean all nooks and crannies....the cowl louvers are a place stuff gets stuck in also...I use to use the alcohol mix alot..then I tried the prep sol...much better ...

if the polish did cover any micro marring the prep sol will reveal it after a wipe down...

AL

6. Usjdmtuner

Thanks AL... i read your previoius post before and thank you for being kind enough to reply .... BTW,, where can I source DUPONT Final Kleen.. I googled it and could find a place ... And where do you get your prepsol? thanks much!!!

7. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I would have to agree with Al on this one, I too used to use the Alcohol whipe down, but after using Power Gloss and the amount of dust that's on the vehicle I'd rather wash the vehicle with P21S Total Auto Wash and spray some on the hard to reach areas as well, this will completely clean the vehicle.

But like Al said to inspect your work and insure that your not leaving any scratches or that the polish is not hiding anything Prep Sol works great.

8. Usjdmtuner

I used it after washes when I dry the car... I like to use it because it gets rid of any water spots that I couldnt wipe on time..

9. D&D Auto Detailing

I dont think thats really necessary since you're using a paint cleaner.

10. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

any body shop supply will have it....like Finish masters....Sherwin williams or any other body shop supply...they may have other brands but they all work the same...I have used DuPont...Hi Temps....3m..and they all do the same and work the same....Advanced auto and wal mart carry it also...near the touch up paints...

the dupont Final klean will be had at body shop supply stores only....

some are called prep sol...pro sol....paint sol...

Final klaen may have gotten the boot from the VOC cops..do not know...
    but if thats what you want check the body supplys shops

Al

11. Usjdmtuner

true but for me it helps lubricates and dry quicker even a slight sprint of QD and I was just comfortable and prefer it that way..Thank you for your opinion though..

12. D&D Auto Detailing

Well dont use then go straight to your LSP. You're welcome.