what clay do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ampbmw, Dec 4, 2007.

1. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

Mother's was good but you don't get much use out of the bar and heard the same about meguiar's too

now riccardo i would love to try there is so much talk and hype about it i would have to see for myself

danase who and where do you buy it from could not find it when i searched?

did not try the magic cause thought that was the same as the chem. stuff and heard bad thing's about that too

i think what i should ask is what is the closest to riccardo clay you can get with out getting riccardo??

2. Nica

Nica Banned

TROJAN, it depends where you are situated. If your in the US, unfortunetly you wont be able to get Ricardo but if your in Canada you can get your hands on as much clay as you wish just go here:
    eShine Canada: Riccardo Clay (6.2oz)

3. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Heck while were on the clay subject what do you guys think of that clay block thing from chemical guys?

4. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

OTC clay works fine for me, Clay Magic, Meguiars, or Mothers.

5. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

I saw that when i searched the other posts for riccardo and ordered a bar to try for now have to see what the hype is hahaha.

As for the other bars i need something i can get alot of easy but works great and does what it is made to do which i find out not many clays do what they say but cost alot.

I like the easy to need not the super hard crap or the chalky break apart ones suck too a little stretchy would be good i see you post alot on here what do you use???

6. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Just used Griot's clay this afternoon. Good stuff, like Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay...only you get more for your $$$.

7. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I use clay magic blue currently and willbe trying out riccardo.

8. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

i used megs clay kit most of the time. IMO it's the best OTC clay. It has not cause any marring to my honda and honda is one of the softest paints out there. Second to me would be clay magic blue imho. another OTC. There was something wrong with mothers when i used it. Well, i haven't tried any others. It may not be one of the best out there but it's the best when need one as quickly as possible.

9. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

I got some riccardo and use it on thursday very impressed never used a clay as good and easy to use very flexable strechy easy to need this stuff is awsome i have not found a clay like this so far if anyone knows of another clay that is as good let me know thanks???

10. raddogz

raddogz Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I also use the Griot's clay and just picked up the Pinnacle's clay - I like the Griot's clay better.

Fwiw - I really don't know if this does any harm, but I use the microwave to heat the clay for about ten seconds to make the clay more malleable.

11. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

thanks for all the info. guys

12. karbonphiber

karbonphiber Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm using zymol lehm klay

13. TROJAN

TROJAN Virgin Detailer

That is funny i just ordered lehm klay i wanted to see how it works i hope good for the price

14. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i really like the zymol clay..so much i never have used any other.. i just received my swissvax master kit from phil and damn i can't wait to try that clay and all the other goodies..looks and feels great..the zymol to me looks like the riccardo clay..but from what i hear the riccardo is softer..i really wanna try sonus..i have heard great things!!!

15. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Same here, I always provide claying when I do polishing