Werner Aluminum Work Platform; 17 bucks @ Lowes!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Meticulous-Detail, Nov 23, 2012.

1. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Most, if not all, industrial equipment with a rating has a safety rating built in the actual max. load for liability issues. IIRC, ladders have a 15-20% safety rating.

2. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Correct, they do have built in safety "buffers".

When we use fall protection, our system must support a MINIMUM load of 5,000 lbs.

OSHA.gov Part 1926, Subpart X, Standard Number 1053, "Ladders"

Very handy website to read through!

FYI, to the "Pro's" out there, the right to know laws, at least in California, are supposed to be changing soon to "Need To Know". It will soon be the law that you MUST know the MSDS, and proper procedures for the chemicals and substances you are working with.

3. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

From what i have read, ladders have a 4:1 factor of safety. It would account expected misuse and dynamic loads,

4. JBiehl

JBiehl Virgin Detailer

I have to say since my purchase, this platform has come in handy... putting the star on the top of our Christmas tree and hanging some lights on the house :)

5. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I Have been using mine frequently! I washed my parents '98 Suburban 2500 Sport, and it was NICE to be able to really clean the top properly. I set them up on both sides, and I would stand there and have my buckets up on them with me, and when doing the bottom fenders and wheels, it was actually plenty comfy to sit on for a while!

Very good investment, worth every penny!

6. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

This sucker is darn big. Using it as a bench funny enough. Well worth the money, just wait for BFriday every year.