weird ONR question...

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dontsleeponit, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

ok guys, I got my bottle of ONR awhile ago, and I have been hesitant to use it, despite the rave reviews by everyone that uses it. But eventually I am getting over my "waterless wash" fear and probably gonna use the stuff soon because its just too damn cold to wash normal, and my car is really dirty and its driving me nuts.

So anyway... on to the question

I mixed up a bottle of ONR QD, just to play around with last week. Im pretty sure I mixed it to the QD ration on the bottle, but I can't be 100% certain. I didnt even get a chance to use the stuff, it just sat there for a week (indoors). I went to look at the bottle today, and what was once a blue colored liquid, is now completely clear! What happened, is this normal? Also I then gave it a quick try on my hood wich was not very dirty at all, and when I went to wipe it with a MF it didnt seem slick AT ALL, it felt like I was wiping water.

So whats the deal with this stuff? Can in not be mixed and left in a bottle for long? I hope I hae better luck using it in a bucket for wash...

2. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I have some ONR in a spray bottle (wash ratio) which I use it to spray the dirty areas before washing,I just went and checked to see if it's still blue ,to my surprise it's gone clear like you said.
    I guess the blue colour is there only temporarily and fades away after a few hours.

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

This is normal, at least for the past 2 gallons that I have went thru

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I think that it is okay to use. I recall reading something about this, but I cannot find the thread. IIRC they are trying to fix it or have already fixed it, but it is supposedly good to use.

5. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Just don't drink the concoction right?:whistle:

6. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

did u shake it really well?

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:p I don't know....I really like the colour of pure ONR. Looks a bit like Alize or what ever that stuff is.

8. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Kind of like Adam's detail spray, smells and looks like a drink. QD on the rocks anyone???

9. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

how about some smartwax detailing spray? it smells soooooooo good!

10. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Does the Adam's stuff smell of cherries? Reason I ask is there's a local detail supply store around the way from me that sells, among other things, this neon pink detail spray that smells like cherries. Actually works pretty well, but I couldn't help wondering if this place was just buying the Adam's stuff and relabeling it.