Weekend detailer going serious

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by PakAviator, Sep 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PakAviator

PakAviator New Member

Hi, I'm not so new to detailing, been doing this on my own since 2005 and kept my cars in good condition over the years, even recieved compliments from people for maintaining good looks.

Im a professional airline pilot and do detailing with the help of my driver on my off days to relax myself, now I'm seriously thinking of starting a side business on small scale initially of detailing cars. Since cash flow is not an issue but is limited (for the time being). At the moment I do have a 100 psi pressure washer, a air compressor with quick realease guns of different types, 2 orbital polishers and other stuff.

What is not easily available in my country is high end good quality polishes and things are limited when you talk about detailing. In market there are few detailers but then again they take the car and do what ever they want and I don't get to do it so I avoid them.

Last week I did detailing on my fathers car, it's a Red Honda City 2006 with few ding here n there, but I was able to lift the paint from dull full of swarl marks to almost like mirror finish took me turtle paint polish (cutting compound) then mothers scratch remover finally wax, I went even further and did glass coating it.

Till last week I did knew about claying but never tried it, I should have done it, but it's too late now.

Now,
    I changed my wife's car from a suzuki swift to honda city and its coming brand new on 15th, now I wanna Attack it day one and want to seal in the shine so it can go long way. Need help here, I'm in NYC now and looking for a shop where I can pick up some detailing stuff, stuff like polishing the paint then sealing in the shine, wheel cleaners and shiners looking for some detailing shop who can guide me how to do things the right way.

Need expert advice since i also need to discuss business prospects and need guidance too. Thanks

2. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

If in NYC, I would drop south to New Jersey and get to Detailers Domain and get with Phil!! He will take care of you!! How cool to have a fellow detailer in Pakistan!! Good luck!!

Hoover

Detailer's Domain
    70 Oak Street
    Unit 102
    Norwood, NJ 07648 USA
    Tel: 201-768-1818
    Orders: Sue@DetailersDomain.com
    Services and Ask A Pro: Phil@DetailersDomain.com