Waxit Magazine

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by 911Fanatic, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Finally some good news :applause2:

I went into the Post Office this morning to collect my mail and decided to ask teh lady again to try and find out if they could trace the parcel from this side. Anyways long story short she couldn't find anything but I asked her to take a chance and check through all the parcels awaiting delivery and lo and behold there was my package from Simon :applause:

It had arrived on the 31st of December and presumably with New years eve party plans or whatever someone neglected to make out the collection slip and put it in with my mail :loud:

In any event thank you once again Simon, everything recieved in good order. Lets hope we can sort out the rest in a more timeously manner this time round :thumb:

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Today's mail came:

Attached Files:

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh sure rub it in why don't cha :fs:

Hey at least people are receiving there copy's :thumb:

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Well, these were shipped on January 4. I was pleasantly surprised :D

Did you pull a nica and order a bunch of each for backups? :p:

5. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Still have not gotten mine. Any info Simon?

6. Simon

Simon Two Bucket System Washer

Hi yes all overseas were sent same time as pektel :shead:

7. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Maybe tomorrow huh?

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Hey look what arrived today:

[​IMG]

I have to admit when I saw the "Royal Mail" I got a little exited :flirt:

[​IMG][/IMG]

Oh a few days ago I purchased this mag as well:
    [​IMG]

The reason I purchased this magazine is because it has a few wicked write ups on some incredible vehicles, Buggati, Ferrari California and none other the Bond Aston Martin. I had to purchase it :thumb:

[​IMG]

Any who just thought I'd share :peace:

Oh and thank you Simon for the magazines :peace: Now we just need the North American distribution :cheerl:

9. razr007

razr007 Banned

you lucky dog i still have not gotten my issues and it has been a very long time. but he said it is on the way but still nothing.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

I'm sure you will be receiving your issues shortly, usually it takes us Canadians a bit to receive items/products from the UK but I was glad to see that this magazine arrived nice and safe.

11. razr007

razr007 Banned

well i hope so if not i'm coming to your place for a spot of tea an a magazine lol.

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Quote: WAXiT Magazine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue 3

After a lengthy day meeting we have decided to change who designs and prints the magazine. As issue 1 and 2 never fulfilled what we wanted to achieve with it. We feel it lacked in certain areas delivery dates was particualary one of them as they (print company) on numerous occasions promised delivery dates they could not achieve. Thus late for everyone we want it to compete with top selling magazines and appeal to the tens of thousands of car care enthusisasts around the country and further. And after a chat with a few Members (king Eric, Whizzer, Panama plus a few others)we decided to take the action as well as holding hold our hands up if we continued at this rate there would be no issue 4.

This morning was another brief meeting with the magazines new design and print company highlighted the main areas, layout, spelling, copy ( I’m learning more now) and instantly they can improve it 100% sure they would say that they want the business but with a portfolio of working with Lancashire Life and Elle plus some others I can certainly see they know what they are doing, Issue 3 has now an 8 page dummy which for 8 pages looks very competitive with the market (with no lairy yellow background) we studied 8 different car magazines and some girlie ones as they showed me how it could look and be re designed. They also know a couple of distributing companied who will supply the magazine once its published as it will be of a standard they know will be taken . As issue 2 was delayed and the hassle distributing it and with the change of companies we do not want to rush again an issue 3 with issue 1 a month behind thus issue 2 a month behind Issue 3 will be available mid to end of feb rather than the first of feb id rather not make a promise I cannot keep and rush out a sub standard issue this was also the advice form the company as we stand and look at the bigger picture. These will go out to subscriptions first and the day they are releaased is the day we will then only put the link up to purchase issue 3. After speaking with the new company this is what they would like to do as all week will be getting layouts and working on issue 3

I know issue 1 and 2 came under fire and it was my own personal life that at the end of November some of it I was to blame which some of you know about. Some although did like issue 1 & 2 but we want it better than that !!

This thread I hope now can be a stepping stone as issue 3 will be the new issue 1 (although still issue 3) this is our only chance to make this work and I know with the new company this will happen.

Please any further comments or questions could you please email me at info@waxitmagazine.co.uk as sometimes pms are not ready daily.
    Please could the thread be kept polite as I would like all subscription members to read thanks

Secondly I would like to offer a FREE classified entry to anyone in the detailing and Valeting business or trade supply etc it will be wording only contact details/area etc please email for any further details. Those few who have paid for the entry I will contact you regarding this

Simon < End of quote>

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Thanks for the update Simon. With the new printer I'm sure things will go alot smoother. I need to order issues 1, 2 and 3. Are the earlier issues still available?

14. razr007

razr007 Banned

Very well spoken and i wish the mag. the best of luck. I feel a little better that the mags. will start to look better an be delivered faster.I'm sure others will feel the same way keep up the good work....

15. Simon

Thanks togwt i was just loging on to enter the same quote you saved me 5 mins :thumb:

911 yes 1 & 2 are still available and they are still a good read :thumb:

Simon

16. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Man the mail man must be walking from England. Still no package.

17. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, me too. Still looking for issues 1 & 2. I'll have to start checking the snow banks for USPS employees.

:shead:

18. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Simon whats up bro..STILL have NOT gotten my mags! I tried to e-mail & pm you.

19. razr007

razr007 Banned

ya i was told you sent them out an i still have not gotten my #1 or #2. but i noticed you have them forsale on ebay in two auctions come on man what is the deal. you bs'in us hear or what???

20. Simon

Hi guys they have been sent i can asure you, i hope they arrive safely soon.

This will hopefully busier as im in talks with nica of having a large number shipped over in one go and form there distributed

Kind Regards

Simon