Waxit Magazine

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by 911Fanatic, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Simon

Simon Two Bucket System Washer

the couple that paid have already been contacted regarding the matter.

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Well, all I can say is good luck with round 2. (to everyone)

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Let me know when you go so I can get you to pick some stuff up for me! LOL

4. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i still havent gotten my issues, will i get copies 1 and 2 like i paid for?

5. Simon

email your details to me at simondenver_waxit@hotmail.com and i will sort this week for you.

Kind Regards

6. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

I really feel for those who lost money but forgiveness should always be given to those who make mistakes, we all do that and I really believe that you'll right your wrongs this time

7. Space Cadet

Space Cadet Virgin Detailer

Well said ........I agree 100% we all make mistakes, let us learn from them.:worship2:

I'm looking forward to see the grow of the magazine. I'm sure it will help many of us to further our knowledge of the art of detailing:applause2:

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Good to know. you still have everyone's subscription information?

9. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

I hope i will get the 3rd n 4th issue as i have paid for it....finger crossed

10. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

Totally agree.

I was ripping mad about not getting anything from Waxit.

Simon- I wish you could have just come on here and stated your situation yourself. I could care less about the money. I feel as if I am still owed what I paid for, but I would pay AGAIN if I actually knew I was going to get something in the mail rather than getting an excuse delivered by someone else over a forum rather than a quick personal email.

I wish you the best of luck with round 2. I think everyone on every forum will agree that they want you to be successful with this, and give our hobbies or businesses another venue to prosper. I can't always be on the internet, and it would be great to make this magazine a reality.

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

A mag would be a great idea, something to read when I am in class, wish you the best of luck on the second go around!

12. emmanuelv

emmanuelv Virgin Detailer

How can you guys be so naive ????

Same bulls*t coming again, and you are all falling for it !

13. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

I wouldn't say anyone is falling for anything. I would say they are willing to give him a second chance to make it right because people want to see this magazine idea work.

14. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:agree: People will definitely be more cautious this go-round. At the same time, a lot of us would love to see this idea take off. It would bring more attention to our hobby/profession, especially if the magazine grows enough to be circultated to a larger amount of retailers.

The ones with legitimate detailing businesses could advertise, get more business, and it will pump revenue into keeping the magazine afloat.

The economy is tough, and starting the magazine when he did might not have been the ideal time. Starting a publication takes a lot of work and money and support.

Advertising by vendors can play a very large role in keeping something like a magazine or newspaper afloat. There have been a lot of newspapers "folding" here in the U.S. do to the economy/internet/lack of revenue and circulation. I know. The paper I work for is going on the auction block next month.

So give the guy a chance. Its tough. I hope it works out. And if it starts to take off, I will help support it by buying it and spreading the word!

15. Simon

Thankyou

I can understand your concern and some will share your view and i cant say i wasnt expecting it but my aim now with the financial backing is to put the wrongs right and make issue 3 better than both 1 & 2 put together and so far its looking that way.

Thankyou

16. Simon

Thanks slanguage

Your observations would be correct the cost to start a magazine off my own back with no help is staggering, tbh i never got any profit out of it , but the fact that it was my mag my idea that pushed me more to make it suceed and now luck is on my side i have financial backing and issue 3 is coming on nice,

once again thanks for your support

Simon

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

So you're going to make it up to all the people that you wronged over the past who-knows how many months?

How are you going to do that? Refund them their money? Give them a free subscription for the remainder of the year?

18. Simon

The people that were ''wronged'' as you put it are the subscribers who paid for a year, they will now recieve 3 & 4 and there is a couple of outstanding issue 2's a few on here have emailed me and ive emailed backm to which some issue 2 are now on the way over.

19. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Bunch of BS. The guy only comes on now when hes ready to make more money.

Where was he when everything went down though? He was no where to be found, ducking and dodging everyone.

Not to mention, he was still trying to sell off copies on ebay WHEN PEOPLE WHO PAID FOR THE MAGAZINE HADN'T RECEIVED THEIR ISSUES YET

What he did was commit a crime. He had NO intentions of paying back what was owed as was evident in his lack of response to peoples inquiries.

Mistakes happen, and mistakes can be forgiven, but this was way past that line.

Im gonna say this, and if I get banned so be it:

Mr Simon Denver youre a scumbag.
    Just because you're taking a loss to your pockets does not give you the right to take peoples money and just leave people in the dark. If you invest in a restaurant and said establishment begins to lose money you dont take peoples orders, take their money, and kick them out the restaurant. You took the risk.

Im sorry but you could have saved face if you would have atleast spoke up. That would have been forgiveable.

Bob if I were you I would tell the guy F off and repay me. I would not want the good name of my own business associated with this guy.

Sorry for the rant DB. I just think what this guy did is despicable. If this is my last post than let it be. I hope someone here agrees with me.

20. Simon

Nico please dont ban him his concerns and rant are what i expected, some people close to me knew the reason for the let down at the end of issue 2. but i have faith in the m,agazine and i will give it my best shot to prove and gain the trust back.