waxing windshield or windows

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by cleanfiend, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Give it a try and let us know how it turns out! :p

2. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

hey guys,

reading all the posts and did not know that KAIO is such a great product for glass, will have to give it a shot.

here is what I have been doing with glass and it really works well. first off I use to use a LC Orange pad (4inch) pad with menz SIP on a makita and it did the job but I really hated using menz for something other then paint and moved over to 1z einszett glass polish in combo with LC's 5.5 inch glass polishing pad and the results were super fast and the glossiest I have seen glass thus far.

as far as using a sealant of any kind on the car I hit all the windows "except" the windshield and rear window (only iff it has a wiper on it) for fear of wiper smear. wiper smearing never ever appears right away (I know cause I live in seattle area with too much rain).

rainx and all the others have been used by me except menz FMJ, which I have plenty of but do not want to use it becase it is too expensive.

now on my black s2000, which I do all my experimenting on, I roll down the windows all of the time and with out fail the rain x smears even my side windows up and gets inside the door and keeps leaving smears for weeks to come. what a pain in the ass and no.....I did not put too much on or leave some behind that I forgot to wipe off.

if you guys want maximum polished glass results the 1z matched with the LC glass polishing pads is the way to go hands down.

I am going to try out KAIO some time this month.

let me know

godoman

3. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

/\/\ good to know

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

1z Glas polish plus LC glass polishing pad is a golden combo! After I use up my current bottle of 1z I will try out Griots Garage glass polish to see if it is any better or just as good.