Was bored, went to Big Lots...

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by P1et, Feb 19, 2008.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

They had some new goodies!!!

[​IMG]

The racks were just STACKED with Turtle Wax stuff. They also had the Meguiars Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner, but since I have a gallon of the CG Premium Blue, that wouldn't have made much sense...

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Nice haul there. I bought all the tire applicators that my Big Lots had.

3. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

The Big lots near me doesn't have anything to buy like you all are getting.........

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

might have to stop by....

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

That multi piece stuff is good IMO...I look forward to your review of it! Looks like a day of good deals.

6. P1et

I will give it a try Pat! If it's good, I'm going back and buying a few more of them. They are only $3.50 each!!! They probably have about 50 bottles of it...

7. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Nice score! Congrats!

8. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

tonya did i boot you offline?

nice score the mfs nice?

9. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Purchased some microfiber products from there. Got 2 mittens, and pads. Might go back for the tire wipes.

10. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Man, I must have the worst Big Lots around, they only had the mf towels, no brushes, applicators, nothing like you guys have found.

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Tonya probably swooped down and bought them all before you could get there!

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

The last time I went to Big Lots I got myself 20 Turtle Wax for applicators for 40 cents a pice...

13. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

i am digging those applicators i use them with nascar tire shine and they come out cherry

14. P1et

Actually, they are quite nice! I doubt I'll use them on paint though. But for the price, a right bargain!

Big Lots is very heavy on the "hit or miss factor". I have been going to this one for over a year and haven't found anything since they had all the Meguiars brushes. I wanted to waste some time over lunch and popped in the one by work and BINGO, lots of good stuff...

I bought some of that Nascar Ultra Tire Shine, it's NOT bad stuff by any means!!!

15. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

IMHO those MF's are on par with the costco MF's... Nice, but not nice enough for paint.

16. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

what i like about nascar is there is no residue left after application i hate having to scrub my tires after i use a gel tire shine. i use nascar in the winter cause after one drive they will look like crap anyways.

17. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

I stopped in at my local Big Lots on Monday, they only had a couple applicators. I picked up some applicators, but I was hoping they have some brushes. I went from BL to K-Mart, they had the versa angle wheel brushes in the wrong spot, so I got one of them for $5.

18. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

ditto on the multi-piece wheel cleaner. Good stuff. When Megs first came out with it, they were giving out full size bottles as samples.

And my Big Lots Sucks! It is horrible in there. Looks like a dirty flea market. More items on the floor than the shelves!

19. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Stopped by yesterday and got 8 of the green TW apps. I like them for sealant.

20. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

What do you use them with gmblack? What do they look like? Are they foam like the yellow Meguiars aaplicators?