Wanna try a new soap.

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by agpatel, Feb 8, 2010.

1. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I was looking at Werkstat's wash as some people in the UK liked it.

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Lusso Auto bath for regular maintenance for sure.

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Has no glossing agents in it correct? What is the dilution ratio on it...and compare it to SV Auto Bath (I know that one is 1-1.5 caps / 3 gallons ish)

Hmm, hate when I try to find something new to use...always ends up taking longer than I thought it would.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

very similar.

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Will add lusso to the list of stuff to maybe try. Heck, I may end up getting two different soaps as I dont think I will be able to make my mind up haha.

7. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

ill check your thread tomorrow and see what else i would want so then you would have dg901 and dodo

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I got many other things as well ,so check out the collection thread, can prob do samples of most of the stuff. just let me know.

9. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

i tried the 3m an it really impressed me smells good leaves it squeaky clean you should try it.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

haha have a bottle and used it once, Liked it and no issues, but man 1 oz / gallon, i use apx 4 gallons/wash...would need to stock up on bottles due to them only being 16oz, haha. I give it another run.

Like I said just wanna see what else is out there...looking really hard at dodo juice SN and Lusso. But, lusso dilution ratio is pretty high for the price so i dont know.

11. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

This is a thread that I would post. There are a few on here I didn't even know about thanks.

I currently have Opti-Wash right now too and it's pretty good. I also have BTBM and Lusso to try out I just never get around too. Never heard of Ultima or Werkstatt soaps though I will have to look into that. As well as get some Supernatural Soap. There are too many good products in this hobby it makes things difficult. lol

12. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Want something that requires very little soap per unit of water? Bilt-Hamber Auto Wash fits that bill. I've never used it, but it's an interesting one.

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Reading the description makes it seem like it can strip.

Dont know if I am reading it wrong or what, haha.

16. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

That's a fair point, I admit that I kind of glanced over the description (same words are on BH's site too). You're over on detailingworld, maybe those guys use it? I tried searching various forms of "Bilt Hamber Auto Wash" and so far, I'm not having much luck.

EDIT: they've got a foam now too, but the descriptions make it sound like it's pretty aggressive. I know Auto-Balm is the single most stubborn LSP I've tried to remove...could be these two are designed to do just that? I really don't know for sure now.

We haven't seen PJS on here in a while, maybe he'll happen across this thread.

17. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I looked into it when i was looking at AB back in the day and some people said it was stripping or hurting LSP layer. Do some more searching when I get some time,haha. But that ratio is crazy! Like someone already said, so many good products but so little time to use them all.

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have it down to 3 choices, so any input on the last three would be great:

1. Lusso Oro
    2. SV Car Bath
    3. DoDo Juice SN
    4. Griot's Garage Car Soap

Forget about price and just go off of performance. :)

19. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Why wouldn't you want to add gloss?

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

That is what QDs are for, have better quality QDs if I want to use them but for the most part I like just the natural look of the wax. If I wanna spruce it up I like the look of Scholl SW20 better than any gloss soap I have used. Granted it is longer to wash then QD, but that is how I prefer it.

If I wanted gloss shampoo, which I use on my parents car I can just use MS Ultra Gloss that I can get locally.