Wanna try a new soap.

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by agpatel, Feb 8, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

So, I want to try out a new car shampoo once the warmer weather hits.

So, few things I want in a shampoo is that it does not have any gloss agents, wax protection, sealant protection, or pretty much adds something to the wax film. Want a pure shampoo; and also is very LSP friendly. I am currently using Opt Car Wash.

Some choices I have been looking into:

1. DoDo Juice Supernatural
    2. DoDO Juice Born to be Mild
    3. Swissvax Car Bath
    4. p21s Body conditioning soap

Price does not really matter (depending on ratio), so throw out some suggestions or opinions.

2. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

well you should have #2 now. what about maxi suds? and new 3m soap?

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

hmm, do not have Born to be mild (only sent me lime prime haha); I have tried out the 3m soap and it was pretty nice and will try out maxi suds in a bucket. Original thought with Maxi was to use as foaming agent in foam gun for LSP stripping (mix in some APC or W99)

4. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

what about DG901
    i guess in next trade ask for BTBM :)
    i have both, one is 4oz bottle i got from somebody at meet
    did you try all CG soaps?

5. wise 85

wise 85 Virgin Detailer

If you want a pure shampoo,one that doesn't leave anything behind,i would go with the Supernatural,very economical and effective soap.

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Dont like the citrus washes, will try the Maxi I got from you when i do bucket wash next time. Hmm, may have to find something to trade for BTBM, haha.

That was the front runner over the past few weeks I have been looking into it. I was thinking of getting a sample from the UK with a few others but with the exch rate and everything said and done would make more sense just to buy the bottle and if i dont like it just trade it out.

7. crew219

crew219 Birth of a Detailer

I'd also recommend Maxi Suds II / Adam's Car Wash.

Very sudsy, cleans quite well and is economical.

Dave

8. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

Skizot has supernatural for sale

9. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I just bought a gallon of Optimum Car Wash for a maintenance soap. Why are you changing soaps? Don't like it? Or just wanna try something else?

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Just wanna try something else, used Opt for a while now and just wanted to try something new out there. Something with maybe a higher dilution than 1oz/gallon. Was going to have to get some new soap soon anyways, so might as well try something else out there.

Opt car wash is great stuff, good lube, nice cleaning, and rinse clean so you will enjoy it if you have not used it before.

11. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Hmm no glossing agents? If you can dilute CWC properly it should be fine. You might find this useful. Autopia has a rating system for different kinds of products...

Autopia Review: Car Wash Products

HINT HINT COUGH PHIL COUGH. Whew excuse me. :whistle:

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Have you tried Ultima Paint Guard Wash? Great stuff.

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

No I have not, will have to add that to the list as well.

Reflect, only reason I have not tried CWC is because just think that the citrus content has some effect on the LSP film, maybe I am a bit picky or over cautious but may try to sample that as well.

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I have yet to try a soap that suds more than Ultima. The suds are just endless and lubricity is great. You can literally keep refilling the bucket with water and wash several cars without adding more soap.

15. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

I LOVE the Ultima car soap. I mix a little Ultima with ZEP Citrus degreaser for a presoak. The ratios change depending on the job.
    I really like Supernatural car soap...another fantastic product. DG 901 is a solid product as well.

Ive been trying an OTC Spray Nine car soap and I really like it. Smell is fantastic, but I think there are glossing agents.

16. richy

richy Guest

I've only ever used DG 901 (it's not citrus) and Optimum's soap. Both will do what you want. The DG you can buy in a 5 gal pail and they have $5 shipping. Very, very economical in that size...that's what I have now.

17. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

P21s is my favorite maintenance soap.

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I agree, Ultima Paint Guard wash rocks! Now if they can just change it's scent (which I cannot stand) it will be the best shampoo out there.

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Hmmm, things is going to be more difficult than I thought...haha.

20. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I've also heard good things about Lusso Auto Bathe. But it's expensive. $65 for a half gallon from phil.