VW Polo - Serious Hologramming !

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

VW Polo

Recently i was contacted by a friend who was complaining about the state of his car after he got someone to work on it (non pro) and they had left serious holograms:

there were the pics the owner sent me:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So i had a look over the car when it arrived to check for defects:

Really the car was not too bad, just coved in holograms and a scuff:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The previous "detailer" had made the mistake of going in hard with 3M FCP then straight to 3M UF, maybe at the time it looked ok as the UF would have filled but then enevitible fall back. So I went over the whole car with Menz power finish via Rotary and to add some more gloss finished with Nanotech Super Gloss Polish:

the front door had been refined the rear panel had not:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then refined:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The car was protected with Chemical Guys Celeste Detagglio (otherwise im sure Marc would have given me a hard time lol) an alloys were treated to Dodo Juice Red Mist:

[​IMG]

finished:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not a massive write up so i do apologise, was not even intending on taking any pics but its a cool wee car :)

Thanks for viewing

Robert
    Prism Detailing

2. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Nice work. No sun pics?

3. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Nice job.
    Holos make me sick, glad to see you killed 'em

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Always amazes me when the previous detailer only had to spend a wee bit more time and he would have been a hero, not a zero. Now its the dogs danglies. Nice save.

5. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Robert,

Beautiful correction and gloss enhancing !

It never fails to amaze me how people can put these awful marks in paintwork including vertical ones in side panels, and NOT NOTICE that they did this when they are supposedly finished !

And then they charge people hard earned money for the mess they made ??

Beautiful work on a very cool VW ! Thanks for sharing ..
    Dan F

6. Prism

Thanks guys

Kaban: I dont know if you know where i live (Scotland), we dont really get sunshine, bit even the pics on the day i was working on a cloudy day you can still see the hologramming, everytime there was a break in the clouds as soon as i got the camera the sun went away lol (yes on the day i was screaming at the sun lol)

7. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Nice save . It came out smoking !!!. Just trying to figure the Benz wheels on the VW though .Nice work.

8. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Great work, those were some nasty halos.

-Kody-

9. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Those are some wacky rims, nice polo

10. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Top work and yes, what a cool looking ride.

11. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Man.... you are right about those holograms though. I don't think I have ever seen that many on a car before.

If I was the detailer who polished your friend's car before, I would seriously think about either a career change or a MAJOR product/technique change because that was just nasty.....

12. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Robert,

Your Scotland weather is very similar to Washington State weather then.

It is June, right ? We just went through a 3-month period where the Average temperature was 45 degrees !

I know what you mean about the lack of sun, and also feel your pain! :)

Dan F

13. Prism

fantastic weather in Scotland in June this was it yesterday lol

As for the previous guy, I dont think he got paid much or anthing for it, but even if it was free, if he didnt understand what he was doing still should never have attempted it.