Vomit clean-up

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by DAC17, Jul 7, 2012.

1. DAC17

DAC17 Virgin Detailer

My dog took the liberty of vomiting in the back seat of my 2012 Focus. I have cloth seats. I had a seat cover on, but some of the liquidy part went through onto the seat. After getting out the bulk of the mess, I cleaned the seat well with Scotchgard Oxy Clean and then vacuumed out the remaining moisture to the extent possible. I'm planning to let it dry overnight. Anything else I should be doing?

Thanks much. First time for this mess!

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Get a steamer that should take care of it no problem.

3. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

More than likely it will all have come out since you had seat covers and I'm guessing not a whole lot managed to get through. You might need some air freshener for a while, but the stain is probably going to be gone. If not you're going to need some steam or hot water extraction. Look into investing in a Bissell Proheat, they're pretty cheap, but very useful

4. DAC17

DAC17 Virgin Detailer

Thanks for the product suggestion!

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

If all the residue was completely removed, then no air freshener is needed, the smell will be gone. If the smell remains, the vomit is still in the seat.

6. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

I did a car lastweek with the same problem but it was on carpet matts and carpet, i have a Bissell Proheat and worked fine, i did the whole interior plus cleaned all interior panels and dash, extracted the seats did in 2 hours and charged $ 100.00 not bad and a box of baking soda under drivers seat. Worked for me.

7. DAC17

DAC17 Virgin Detailer

Just as a follow-up, I must have gotten everything out. Even in 100 degree weather this week, no residual odors!