Vintage Sample?

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by DieselMDX, Dec 11, 2007.

1. PTJD

PTJD Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yep, I would love a sample also.

2. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

How much is a sample worth to everyone?

3. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

Nica, Ill trade you a bit of Divine for a sample of Vintage and Atlantique or Destiny....

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

If anyone has any lying around that they no longer want, please PM me and I'll send you my address. I might even chip in for shipping.

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Hes getting his own Tub of Divine in!

6. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

LOL I know!! I want some!!

7. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Nica, I can't wait to read your review on this product!!!!!:applause2::applause2:

8. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

What is the going price for a sample of Vintage then?

9. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

every once in a while a 4oz sample will come up on ebay.. they normaly sell for around 400. So the going rate is about 100 an oz

10. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

steep to say the least :)

11. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

almost worth a bunch of people going in a pot and braking it up. if zymol doesnt refill it then it is still less than a 4oz sample would cost

12. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Your not taking your meds again Mike......I corrected your post for you :D

13. Calgarydetail

hah yeah right.... if it was selling for 10 an oz I would have purchased a ffew oz... since it goes for about 100 i decide a tub was worth it

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Um...:shead: :shead: I don't know what to say to be honest...my wax collection will soon have at least one of each, well at the moment I don't have one of each but I in a mater of days :headbang: :headbang:

I'll do my best to do a fair comparison and to do a just comparison but I'll be posting the review as soon as I receive my Divine..hopefully it will be here really, really, really soon :waiting2:

15. tod071

tod071 Birth of a Detailer

I'd trade some Vintage for Divine. I have an extra 4oz sample that I bought for $300, but would trade for some Divine. Also have Atlantique that's slightly used, but not enough to tell.

16. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I agree.

A few years ago Zymol used to sell their sampler kits which had 3 4 oz samples plus a few other things and the samples were Vintage, Atlantique and Destiny and I am pretty sure the SKSK1 kit sold for 190 bucks. I know it was definitely around 200 bucks. It is a shame they still don't sell them as it was much more reasonable to buy it/try it that way vs buying a lifetime supply in a crystal tub. It also shows how much profit they are making off of the product.

Zymol On Line Manual: Kits

It was also discussed on Autopia.
    autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/59243-zymol-estate-sample-kit.html

If you are paying 100 bucks for an oz you are paying for the guys Crystal Tub and lifetime supply. JMHO.

17. Calgarydetail

I did not set the prices, yeah when the smaple kit was still made vintage samples were woth less... now that they dont make them supply has dropped off... ergo the price goes up.....

and yeah if you pay 100 for an oz that helps pay for the guys tub and refills. however you have no other way to get the item. The only way to get it is to buy a big tub....

im not saying i agree or disagree with how much its selling for but thats what its going for.....

18. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

there is a kit on ebay for like 2k.

19. Calgarydetail

its selling for 1500 gbp... so if youe inNA then its closer to 3k... guees 100 and oz isnt as crazy as once thought

20. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

3k. might as well buy the whole pots of each