Vintage Sample?

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by DieselMDX, Dec 11, 2007.

1. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

I ask this in every forum I know it is asking for alot but I thought I would shoot it out there.

Would be greatly appreciated i have alot of things to trade just let me know

thank you in advance.

2. DanPonjican

DanPonjican Birth of a Detailer

I would love to try some myself. As a matter of fact, I know two or three others that would love to try it... Group buy???

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

what i would like to know if some one who has vintage bought it then scraped out the block of wax then sent back the container for a refil then sold us some samples of the wax. is that possible? or is dangerous if a zymol rep found out ? i wonder id love to try some

4. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I was wondering the same thing. Im sure Zymbol wouldnt be too happy if they found out.

5. SURFERROSA

SURFERROSA Virgin Detailer

It may be worth noting that Zymol monitor Forums!

I'd love to make the investment in the next year. I'd be buying it from the States though at half the UK price. Not many people will be looking to part with it. If found out, it's not so much a case of Zymol being unhappy, more a case of the 'supplier' having their contract made void. Great wax. I just love the Z stuff.

6. cwcad

cwcad Birth of a Detailer

I was lucky enough to get a sample of Vintage and applied it and others on a side by side basis. I know I am in the minority on this but this is one product that I do not understand the hype. I passed my sample on to another forum member and have not as yet heard back from him. I am not sure if I will or not. I am guessing that he is keeping it in the refridgerator just so he can say that he has some Zymol Vintage. For me that is all that it is good for. At the same time I remeber when I was informed that I would soon be getting a sample. I was giddy with the anticipation. It was after the application that I became disappointed.

7. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

ill stick with my pinnicle waxes

8. DanPonjican

DanPonjican Birth of a Detailer

So would it be legit to actually buy a container and split it up? I wouldn't mind trying some of Swissvax's higher end waxes either.

9. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i would only want some if it smelled good

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Well the problem with sending samples of Vintage to people is that, like previously said, that if Zymol found out they would prity much cancel the free refils for life thing. That's prity much what you pay for.

As for the product it's self it's all subject to personal opinion, some people say it's great, that it's well worth the price. Others will say it's nothing special and it's more hype then anything. But to be honest it all comes down to personal choice.

I've tried Vintage, I personaly think it's worth the price but it left me wanting more out if it and that's why I went with Swissvax Divine as I've read/heard that it has an edge over Vintage...but soon I'll be able to compare the two and see whitch one I like best oh and most importantly see if what I've read/heard about Divine is true or not.

When I receive my Divine I'll let you guys know my person opinion on it..but keep in mynd that's just my opinion and I love Carnauba :thumb:

11. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I am unsure on Vintage. I too have tried it, and it is a good product. Not sure I would shell out that much money for it, but it is a good product over all. I didn't like that you had to wipe away the residue twice. That kind of got annoying after a while. The application is pretty easy and the product gives a pretty warm glow, but on the other hand, I have tried other products that gave a similar look for a fraction of the cost. I want to test it more before I can do a review on it.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh the thing with Vintage too is that layers really does bring out the best on Vintage, but to be honest I've found Zymol products to have an edge I mean the Zymol Concorse (sorry if I've spelt it wrong) made my jaw drop, I mean at that time I hadn’t ventured in to wax too much and when I made my mind and purchased the Zymol Concorse it blew all the other wax's I had out of the water, no joke. The Volvo (green which helps :thumb:) had an incredible glow and it lasted too...but keep in mind that the Volvo hardly gets driven. Well from there it was then on to Glasur and it didn't disappoint and well it was all down hill from there lol. But apparently, I say apparently because I only put one coat so far, but if you layer the Vintage it gives a deep, wet appearance. But I haven't put that to the test though so don't quote me on that...oh but Clark from Polished Bliss says that if you leave Vintage sit over night it's easy to remove and he's been avoiding to do the extra wiping.

13. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Good tip. I think I will try that out. I could try it on my Accord considering it is a black garage queen. :p

14. DieselMDX

i know it is hard to get samples but i thought i would try. There are secrets on the internet if both people have integrity.

divine is impressive cant wait to hear about it!

15. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

I'd like to get a sample to compare against my swissvax. I read on pakshak there is a guy selling for 65 an oz.

16. DieselMDX

still trying :)

17. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

im on the fence about getting vintage. If I could get a sample, it would help decide.

18. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I say get it and that way you can send me a sample. :lol2: :druling:

19. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I have some Vintage and will be using it on the M5 when it comes back from the shop. If its good...... Ill be 2K lower in my bank account

20. DieselMDX

Hey lance u get a sample and not me I will find u lol