Vapour (Steam only) cash wash - Test results !

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Prism, May 19, 2011.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

Today i was going to correct my van so i decided to have a go at steam cleaning my van......usually i use this in conjunction with Chemical Guys EcoSmart. But this time I decided to use only the steam cleaner and no products with a standard Microfibre......the same as many videos you see on youtube. Now my van is black in colour so very good at showing up swirls and fine stratches and being Renault the paint is very soft. This was the result after the wash.....you can see i worked in straight lines, one direction with the steam cleaner blasting onto the van and the MF trailing behind

YouTube - ‪Vapour (steam) only wash - the effects !‬‏

As you can see with the sun shining onto the panel you can see the damage...round to the back of the van it had not been cleaned yet, just to show the level of dirt on the van and to the side where there is no direct sunlight it looks really good....

Because of the damage obviously i had to correct it, my choice was to use the Rotary with a green Chemical Guys Hex Pad and Autofinesse Rejuvenate...I really like this product and refined really well, the end results....this is without any protection:

YouTube - ‪After using AutoFinesse Rejuvenate on my van‬‏

This video also shows the interior which was hoover and steam cleaned:

YouTube - ‪Correction - After correction‬‏

My conclusion from this little experiment, the use of only steam didnt work on its own, I know from experience with using other waterless products in conjunction you will not see anything like this.....I think i will keep testing further with other methods......but with new threads showing videos using only vapour/steam and no chemical to assist it had to be tried and tested.

Thanks for viewing and would appreciate any comments/opinions/feedback

Robert