Vapor Master

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Aug 19, 2009.

1. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

:yikes: Are those the prices? Crapolla!! For that kind of loot, I could go on a shopping spree like a special someone has done recently (hey spy;-) and get even a Vapor Cheif and a Mytee extractor and still have money left over.

Serious decisions to make. I fully understand what you want to acheive in terms of time and efficiency. I wish you luck. You will figure it out.

2. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

Now i'm definitely curious to see how the Vapor Chief Industrial 180 would do against the SS2700 or the ss2600. Nica? lol :)

3. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I agree would be great to compare, I'm still a little skeptic about wheel wells and tires but the SS2700 seems to be a completely different beast..very interesting though :thinking:

4. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

you know what ,

I am going to email the owner of the company and ask him if he has heard of the vaper chief models and if he can do a comparison of the two in a head to head on a car or something like that as there are alot of people in the detailing forums dieing to see this unit justify its price.

who knows, maybe this guy will make a video demonstrating the two units on one really dirty car.

me? I just want the best money can buy, not the one that costs the most simply because.....it costs the most. speed equals more time, time equals more time to accomplish jobs, more jobs means more money and the more money you have the more freedom you have to do what you want with you time

godoman

5. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Nica if you have the Vapor Chief you should have plenty of steam to use on the exterior. I tried it out at Kevin's training session, the steam might seem a huge amount but it will get the job done. As for propane powered steam cleaners, those are altogether scary beasts for how much pressured is created. Definitely will do the job.

6. lw81

lw81 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've been researching steam cleaners and these are the ones on top of my list:

1car-detailing-training.com
    mainesteam.com
    SS2700 from speedsteam.com

I'm looking for portability, effectiveness and most of all customer support. I live in Canada so it'll be a drag if i need the thing fixed.

Anyway, any opinions, suggestions, comments (other than the ones already in the post)

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I have a VX5000 and am in Love with it!

The price is right too...

8. lw81

lw81 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Do you clean the exterior of the car? if not, is it capable?

I'm looking for a steam cleaner that will do both interior and exterior. I'm going mobile so it'll save some space and water.

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I'm only using it for interiors and jams and engine bays...

It would be impractical to use it for full exterior cleaning... but I have used on sap...

10. run115

run115 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have a Karcher steamer, dont know the model number, but its is quite a good unit, find it quite useful on interiors and even for engine bays. Just my 2c worth.

11. Junk

Junk Any Rag Vehicle Washer

does anyone have before and afetr pic's of some nasty stains removed from an interior with the VX5000

12. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

I have a vapor chief from kevin an i use it inside an out never failed me yet. i want the new one but too pricey right now maybe santa bring for me lol.

13. schilly

schilly Virgin Detailer

Hey Nontoxic,

Am interested in the instructional video you purchased on a couple different websites. I recently purchased the VS300, and would like to know how to better use it. If you could pass along a web address for the video. Thanks so much!

14. Nontoxic

Nontoxic Virgin Detailer

PM sent