Ultra Gloss?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by yamabob, Dec 25, 2012.

1. yamabob

yamabob Two Bucket System Washer

Merry Christmas all.

Quick question.I received my new order of Ultra Gloss and decided to do a quick X-mas morning wash of the cars and trucks. To my surprise I opened the new order and what?? No more red/cherryish scent. Purple/blue-doesn't smell to good and lacks the suds and lubricity of my last batch. I'll contact them to ask,but anyone else notice this

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

3. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Maybe the cold weather had an effect on it? Although I don't know if that would explain the color change.

4. yamabob

I have a room inside the house that I store my paints and detail supplies. Color and smell are different. I just washed the third vehicle and I'm not impressed at all.

5. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Haven't ordered it in a while, but I hope they didn't change it. I love that soap.

6. yamabob

Well I called today and spoke with the "men in the back" Accoding to them,it's the same formula just a different dye. I told him the scent was of,foaming was down and the "slickness" felt lessened. He claimed nothing else changed but he has had other calls stating the same thing.. I loved my last gallon. This one not so much at all.

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

If they didn't change the formula, why are other people having the same issues? Perhaps a wrong mix in that batch?

8. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

They need to get it back to the way it was! Maybe some of the guys on here that are local to MS Inc. can go over there and raise hell. :cool:

9. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Majestic Solutions?

10. Erik Mejia

Yes. MS Ultra Gloss.

11. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I may drop by MS on Monday to see what they have in the showroom. The comment just a dye change begs more questions...like why?

It sounds as if they got some new soap concentrate it and just rebottles it. This is what Chemical Guys likely does (why they have made at least 3 different versions of Bare Bones).

12. yamabob

I have no clue as to the effects of dye and whether or not it also affects the scent. However I doubt it. I can live with the color/scent. Last night I mixed a llittle of my last batch and new in water. I only did 1 ounce for 1 gallon. I don't know if this is too small a quantity,but the old batch felt better in the bucket. I wonder if any of it is just the love of the old versus the disconnect with the new

13. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

If it ain't broke , don't fix it. Could it be that the dye change has affected the other chemical properties of the soap? Thanx for the info, will stick with DG 901 after I finish my MS UG, until issue is resolved,

14. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I have the new purple version and it works well.

15. Erik Mejia

Any noticeable performance differences to report?

16. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Nada!

17. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Did you have a chance to stop by..just curious.

18. Kaleo

Kaleo DB Forum Supporter

Hey Ron,

what color was the batch I gave you? Or did I even give it to you, I remember saying I was gonna give you mines a long time ago but can't remember if I did lol

19. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I saw a quart on the shelve, but I thought it belonged to Ranney. If it was from you, thanks.

20. Kaleo

Kaleo DB Forum Supporter

Yea I dropped it off with Ranney and told him it was for you!