Uber Pad Info/Feedback

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by Emile, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Has anyone used the 3m reverseable pads. You need a special adapter which is kind of pricey. I like the blue 3m Ultrafina pad so thought the reverseablu pads should work well. Any thoughts?

2. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Is the green pade made by reticulated or non reticulated foam?

3. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

dont get why you want reversable pad. its probably easier just take one off and put new on.

just dont get why uber orange made from european foam and rest from american

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Uber pads are awesome! I only tried them with my rotary, and I'm thinking of mastering this machine. Yellow pad is amazing, it gives you nice cut, yet finishes almost LSP ready. I love yellow pad. Blue and green are very nice too.

5. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I felt liking bumping this in order to get some more feedback from people on their experiences with these pads. I just have a Meguiars G110 V1 so any input on what pads would be all around best to use with Power Finish and 85RD would be great. I have some Meguiars 105/205 on its way thanks to a certain someone ;).

6. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

If you are going to use a finishing polish, use a finishing pad, the Uber Blue.

7. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I use a PC7424 and generally only use the Uber pads. I prefer the 4" pad with the PC for correcting. Probably no better combo than Menz power finish + Uber green. I used SIP with the orange, but find that power finish/green works just as well and finishes a lot better. 85RD works great with the Uber blue.

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Yellow for cutting, excellent

Green for polishing, excellent

Black for finishing, excellent

Good day sir

9. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

this is alot of good info you guys are giving here with the uber pads and I have alot of the 4 inche ubers that I use for tight spaces and they work great.

problem is that I recently made a large order for the lc 7.5 inches pads in almost all colors except the finishing pads and lsp pads. are you guys willing to give advice on the lc pads in regards to matching with menz polishes?

I have all the polishes in the menz list and have little experience with the yellow (cutting) pads and wanted to start playing around with yellow/power gloss combo.

do you guys use the yellow pads with SIP and/power gloss much? my biggest question in this is after I do a car with yellow and power gloss what polish and pad combo do you go with next and finally.....which lc pad is best with 85rd. right now I have a ton of blue lc pads (5.5inch) and was planning on using them with 85rd. does this sound good or is there the black lc pad that is better for finessing?

is there a finer polish then 85rd that you can use to follow up on 85 to get a better mirror like reflection in the cars?

thanks again,

godoman

10. mrgolfrider

Thank you for the info so far, keep it coming!!

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Hey Emile...

Let me know ifyou want to sell your Hydro pads... I like them enough that I bought 20 of each...

12. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Uber Pads are the Shzizzle! I dropped my LC CCS pads for the Ubers. They are just awesome!

13. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

I love my uber pads and green is the color I grab most often :)

14. mrgolfrider

So alot of people are grabbing the green. This pad performs that wall on all clears or is everyone doing soft Honda clear coats?

15. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Haha.

Every car is different, even on a soft clear you wont get out deep stuff using green you will have to step up to something more aggressive.

Cleaing up marring etc. on most paints with powerfinish or something alike using green is doiable but for serious correction jump to yellow :headbang:

16. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I would start with LC white first and then orange depending on your results on your test spot. I have never used a LC yellow just based upon what people have said about adding marring that can be difficult to remove on hard paints. I use a LC black with 85RD to finish.

17. stradaONE8

stradaONE8 Virgin Detailer

I have SIP and 106FA coming with 4 ubers (orange, green, blue and black)
    I was thinking orange/green with SIP based on how bad certain areas need it and blue pad with 106FA. Finally my LSP (Collinite 845) on the black pad to finish.

Any advice or comments on that setup? Should I start with green or orange for SIP?

18. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Start with green/sip.

I personally skip the orange Uber pads. In fact, I have 2 brand new ones if anyone wants to trade for some M105...

19. stradaONE8

stradaONE8 Virgin Detailer

Any reason to skip the orange or just preference? Do you think green is tough enough to work with SIP? I mean obviously you do, but I'm curious the rationale more than the recommendation. It's my first time using a polisher and I have just basic knowledge of the products so I can be efficient but effective.

20. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I meant skip the orange pad, and go straight for the yellow, if you are stepping up from green. The yellow pad supposedly cuts better, but it's softer, and easier to control than the orange pads.