two questions: Chrome trim/ mobile detailing tools.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Tessie33, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Tessie33

Tessie33 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Question #1
    My friend bought a 1989 chevy caprice the car is in amazing condition the only part that needs serious attention is the chrome trim. it has white spots and a lot of oxidation. Does anyone have have any tips or products that will help clean them up?

Question #2
    I just purchased a water tank for the back of my truck and also I have a electric pressure washer. my question is do i need a water pump to push the water from the tank to the pressure washer or should i just be able to connect a hose straight to the pressure washer?

Also any other tools that you guys have used on the road that you couldn't live without please let me know.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Can you get a pic of the trim? Is it chrome or clear coated aluminum trim? As for the water tank, the tank outlet should be at least 8" above the pw inlet for it to gravity feed properly. You can 1. Raise the tank 2. use a small electric pump. Make sure it flows the same gallons per minute as your pressure washer. 3. put your pressure washer on the ground outside your truck when you are using it. The difference in height will be enough for it to gravity feed properly.