Tornador cleaning tool

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Paul Dalton aka Miracle, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I watched the video and I couldn't tell. My quess is no it doesn't. If it did you would be replacing it alot at like 60.00 apiece.:shrug:

2. Wes_R

Wes_R Birth of a Detailer

Thanks Buddy I didn't realize I should have just scrolled down

3. atomicfan

atomicfan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

No the thing in the middle only helps at cleaning.

I have the tornador and use it for engine bays and some interior cleaning.

But i only have a 25lt compressor and i can use it about 30-60sec then i need more air that it works

4. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

The middle part keeps the solution from puddling/accumulating (shooting solution straight out) Does everyone get that?. You do have to keep that area clean though.

5. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

does this thing leave very damp especially on the fabric seat?

6. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

I heard that there is a new version of Tornador gun. Anyone know something? Also who manufacture this gun?

7. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i like mine alot. they say to turn off the cleaner solution to use it as air only and it helps to keep the liquid down. but it sure speeds up interiors.

8. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

sticking the nozzle in a bucket of water and then pulling the trigger while its connected cleans them out great.

9. scottBT

scottBT Birth of a Detailer

AS in the uk retail these such items and ive been looking into getting one as they do seem quite the handy bit of armoury in the detailing set up.

10. PJ502

PJ502 Virgin Detailer

We used these at the detail shop I used to work out. Except we'd take the container off and just use it for interior. Really helped when a car had felt around the windows, inside the console and stuff like that.

11. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I've only used one on carpets but it works really well. Needs a decent sized compressor though to get the best results as far as I have seen.

12. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

i got mine from SSTG and it works really well. i have a huge compressor here at work and it really works well. The problem is that there are many connections through out the shop so the pressure goes down really quick. i have never tried it out with APC, so i will need to try it because the enzyme cleaner that comes with the tornador can be pricey. What APC did you use with your tornador?

AG also says to use APC with their model of tornadors. while auto magic recommends their enzyme turbo cleaner for all interior. Just wanted to know. thanks

13. detailjohn

detailjohn Detailers Advertising Scheme

I use a tornador on my compressor at 150psi. and it does a great job. Works really well for sanitizing through a/c vents system. Shoot it though one vent, and you see it starting to shoot out of all the other vents.

John

14. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

I use Megs APC through the tornador, works a treat! :)

15. raiderboy

raiderboy Two Bucket System Washer

I didn't realise they still make these. You have to be very careful when using them to clean instrument panels as they can easily force the cleaning fluid behind screens and panels. I've never liked the idea of getting excessive moisture into switches and sensors