togwt's links?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by specialk22tt, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

No dead horse needed if Jon does not come in and infer that he provided.......the info in which you can cut n paste(wikipedia/detailing wiki).

He has continually tried to bang me and (The Bing) for not helping "The community" because we do not put up our list of products and steps(even though I have explained why at least 20 times btw) well Jon do you know how many times I have helped guys in PM's and phone calls?? and I am not selling anything either which of course there is nothing wrong with that if you are on the "up and up".

Here is the problem in a nutshell................ in that one post Jon decides to post up some jibberish about people hating on him and he opened the door for the facts to come out plain and simple, and when you are claiming to be a expert and provide expert advice albeit in great prose and then when facts are checked to the validity of said facts origin.............well then there might be what most would call "A problem" with that.

When I submit a post chiming in on any subject re: detailing I am not claiming expert status and have nothing to gain at all, I am really just trying to help someone else with a problem I might have encountered myself and net good to great results with a solutution to that particular issue.

I do not have a degree from any university(And do not begrudge others who have completed higher education at all) but I do have a problem with people who "Pile it higher and deeper" = PHD as when you have experience and education it comes across clearly when meeting that person or reading things they might say, because when you have "It" one does not have to "Flaunt it" contrary to the popular saying.

If you can do it..............just do it without all the extra B.S. to make yourself look like more than you are.:2cents::

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Is that what GM is doing anyway? They just coppied previous generation Acura TL, and called it Chevy Volt...GM designers are so talantless...

3. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I think I missed this whole episode. but if I got it right, he copied info from wikipedia, and didn't mention that he took it from there? and now everyone hates him for that? I must be missing something, because that's a STUPID reason to be pissed off at someone.

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

As my father used to say: "More was lost in the war."

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

War does not determine who is right. Only who is left.

^more plagiarism. :D

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Lol!:popcorn:

7. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Actually, the design was stolen from Saab, which you can say Acura stole, because that car was debuted as a concept before GM really got involved with them several years ago.

8. Bunky

Bunky Guest

There were some goodies in that list...

9. Bunky

Bunky Guest

10. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

11. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Right? One of my favorites was "I discovered that I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark, or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot."

12. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

OK - here's my 2 cents worth, there's only a handful of detailers on the internet that I'd trust completely if they said, "JB - go get yo-self some of that xxxx polish - it's the cat's ass" I'm sure the rest of ya'll are nice folks but I just read, nod and go on with life after seeing your post, no disrespect ok, just I don't know you and I don't have that trust in what you say. Why is that - well, a lot of you are no better than I am and I value my opinion more, some of you are damn good and I hang on every word cause you make a good living doing this. Then there's Jon - aka, TOGWT, hang around a few forums and you see stuff - that dude is nothing but a poser.

Like I said - it's my opinion and I generally don't give a sh!t who likes or not. I earned the right to be blunt a few years back.