Titan,BMW,Vette,Lexus,Aston,Altima

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by maxepr1, Jun 2, 2012.

1. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Been very busy but I thought I would post some of the latest work.

First up is a Titan, customer brought to me after the complex where he lives did some cleaning and some kind of chemical got all over the hood. He washed it several times and with no luck, the apartment is footing the bill. This car was Opti-coated when it was new so I hoping that the damage was only on the surface. Well a true test of Opti-Coat, the damage was mainly in the coating itself and after a polishing it off there were no more signs of the etching!

Wash with Dawn
    Clayed with Clay Magic Mild
    PFW with 101/105 on damaged areas on FLEX
    Optimum MF polishing pad with 106FA on FLEX
    ONR wash after correction
    Opti-coat over the corrected areas

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next BMW 650I, car in fairly good shape, interior very dry. Top stays down most of the time and the sun and dust have taken there toll. Ended up spending more time in the interior than the outside.
    ONR wash, clayed with CM and ONR lube
    OPT MF finishing pad and GPS on FLEX
    Interior leather treated with Leatherique 2 part system
    LM Vital applied
    303 applied to trim and dash
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up '11 Corvette Grand Sport. Client contacted me as he was looking to get some minor RIDS corrected that he induced when trying to buff it himself! He needed it corrected for the upcoming car show. Opti-Coated and laid a layer of Souveran on for the car show.
    ONR wash, Clayed with CM
    OPT MF Finishing with 205 on FLEX
    Opti-Coat
    Finial Inspection wipedown
    Souveran Wax
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next, Lexus IS. Car is in fairly good shape, could use a correction but the client didn't want a full correction on a daily driver that get taken to the Scratch-O-Matics weekly! He opted for a 1 stepper so I thought I would play around with the time I had and some products been playing with. Turned out really well for a minor correction!

ONR wash, clayed with ONR
    OPT MF Compounding pad with OPT Hyper Compound and 205 in the vertical panels on a FLEX
    Finished with OPT OS
    Interior cleaned up with 1Z Cockpit and Deep Plastic cleaner
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next,'08 Aston Vantage, same client as the Lexus, just came back from the track, so just needed a good clean-up. Car is covered almost 80% in a clear bra so not allot was needed. I corrected this car back almost new condition before the bra was put on so I know any defects on it where going to be on the bra. Just minor light buffing was all that was needed. Opti-Coated before the bra install and also coated the rims too, owner can't believe that with heavy racing pads the dust just washes off with a hose without even touching them! Also using Wolf's "The Mask" sprayed on the front end and around the wheel arches, the tire rubber just washes away!(Another great selling point Jesse)

ONR wash
    OPT MF finishing pad with GPS on FLEX
    OPT OS on top
    1Z Cockpit and 1Z Deep Plastic cleaner on the interior
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next Nissan Altima '11, client took the car in for her first oil change and they gave her the first RIDS for free! She told them not to wash but you know what happened! Cars only got 1870 miles on and has been ONR washed since birth. Nissan Black=suckness with super soft paint! I've worked on GTR's that weren't this hard to correct! After allot of trial and error it ended up finishing down perfect.

ONR wash
    OPT MF Compounding pad and 105 on FLEX
    OPT MF Finishing pad 106FA on FLEX
    LC Black and 3M Ultra on FLEX Rotary
    All wipe downs induced marring with all kinds of towels and all solutions used
    Ened up doing a ONR wash and then topping with Opti-Coat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

You are doing mad work! Lexus came out looking fantastically brilliant.

Is it ok to do just an ONR wash after correction before opti-coat? Doesn't affect bonding?

3. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Thank you, Amercour! Optimum would like you to do a 15% ISP wipedown before applying, which is what I normally do but with super soft paint any type of ISP or Inspection sprays seem to sometimes cause marring. Found out a trick from them to just ONR wash to remove any carrier oils from polishing and then apply after drying. Minimize the handling of the paint. Works well! Done I guess a dozen cars this way, one about a year ago, beads like I just installed it and doesn't have a RID or mar one on it! I only use this method on the super soft paints(GTR's, Honda, some BWMs)!

4. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

Thanks for passing on that helpful hint. Go cubs.