TIRE Cleaner (not dressing, and not WHEEL)?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Jedidiah, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

So just to recap i'm an a recent OTC 'hobbiest' convert that likes to clean his cars.

I have been using Eagle One A2Z All Wheel and Tire Cleaner
    A2Z™ All Wheel & Tire Cleaner
    it works great as it would do a great job at pulling the brown out of the tires and cleaning my incredibly dusty wheels.

My question is what is the product of choice to clean the actual TIRE not the wheel. To pull off old dressing or oxidized brown look that tires get? I"ve seen people talk about CG Grime Reaper but not much else and it seems to be missing from a lot of the Detail Write ups.

I have some Adam's APC will that work?

Thanks!

2. richy

richy Guest

There are many products that will do a good job cleaning the tires. Many of them will do more than just that too...don't be concerned about having a product JUST designed to clean the tires. ARO is a good product to remove the brown from tires, although it's expensive. It's also very good at cleaning convertible tops. If you want a cheap and strong APC that will pull all the crap from your tires, look no further than your local Home Depot. Grab a gallon of their Zep purple degreaser and watch that stuff at work....very strong, very inexpensive, and very effective. The Zep line is highly under-rated.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner will pull more dirt out of your tires than ARO will. The detergents in it not only do a great job on wheels, but will clean your tires as well.

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

aro is the best. infact im all out . i need to order some more

5. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

I'd agree with the APC comment. I'm using Eimann Fabrik Hi-Intensity cut 2:1 for my tires.

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I had a set of tires once that nothing would get clean, they were brown for the entire time I had them... tried EVERYTHING....

I use OPC for pretty much all my tire cleaning.

7. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

ARO is not that expensive. Its I think 20 a gallon but can be diluted 1:1 essentially making it 10 a gallon.

Good ol megs super degreaser works wonders for me

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I use MS Super Green Stuff, 3:1, with a stiff tire brush. Takes off all the old dressing for me and gets them clean for a new layer of dressing.

9. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

thanks guys for the replies.

10. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

another vote here for megs super degreaser. Works awesome on wheel wells too.

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Is there anything that needs to be looked at when using super degrease that should be avoided or issues using it on tires or on brake calipers?

12. pektel

i keep it away from brakes and actual wheel surfaces. i just use it on tires and wheel well liners (arches).

13. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

Wesleys bleach white >* I'll post some pictures after tomorrows detail

14. pektel

i have not tried it, but i.ve heard tarminator works great on horrible tires.

15. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Amazing roll off gets my vote for tires.
    Megs super deg. for wheel wells is good though.

16. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

give it enough dwell time, and a lot of the dirt actually sprays off quite easily

17. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I use PS21S TAW most of the time. Another good alternative (and much cheaper) I use is BH Surfex HD 10% dilution. A liter bottle of Surfex can make 10 liters of 10% solution!

18. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

This is what I use. Its rubber your going to need a degreaser.

19. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

I spray it on the rubber, let it sit for a minute, scrub and spray off. It will not harm wheels, or bodywork in that time. Also for tires and so on I use it at a 10:1 ratio.

20. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

You've got me interested in the Zep Purple Degreaser, how does it compare to the Zep citrus degreaser also available at home depot?