Thoughts on PS21 total auto wash..

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by carguy461, Feb 19, 2009.

1. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I dunno. Yes, it is expensive. But I have YET to find an alternative that works as well as TAW and is as safe. I'm interested to see your results with the Majestic Solutions stuff though. That would be a good alternative!

Aaron

2. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I know. It's really, really good stuff.

It's been well over a year since I've used TAW - next time I order from DD, I'll have to get a bottle. That'll help remind me how it behaves - how thick it is, how concentrated it is, etc - before I set off trying to find a substitute. I've got the beater CRX to "experiment" with as well :lol:

I'll soldier on with SGS and some brushes in the meantime.

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Alright, here's a thought...

It's been said that S100 cycle wax is the same product as P21S car wax. Is it possible that S100 "Total Cycle Wash" is the same product as P21S TAW?

Autogeek sells it for $7.99.

4. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Optimum Power Clean! Just don't let it dry in the sun, otherwise cheap & all purpose for everything.

5. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I picked up 1L bottles of S100 Total Cycle Wash for $7.95/ea. at the local Harley-Davidson dealer this afternoon. I hope to be testing it this week.

6. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

I think so. It seems that JL would agree. From another thread:

7. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I'm gonna get a 5L bottle of S100 TCC assuming it's the same thing as P21S TAW.

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Thank you for posting that. I'd found it this afternoon, and before I got to post it, you beat me to the punch! Actually, when I read it, I hopped in the car to go to the Harley dealer to get some, before they closed due to the snow we had here.

My experience at the Harley place was similar to JL's. The place was empty of customers except for me, but the guy at the parts counter said, "that's some really great stuff, have you used it before?"

For $8/liter with no shipping charges, I figured I'd give it a whirl. I'll post an update as soon as I get the chance to use this stuff.

9. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Let us know what you think.

10. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Yeah please do, I'm having second thoughts after looking at a dirty engine haha.

11. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

that would be good to know!

12. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I'll certainly let everyone know how the Total Cycle Wash works. I'm pretty confident that it will be a great find - JL's already done this experiment, after all, and he's certainly never steered me wrong on product stuff.

In fact, I'll probably go back over to the Harley place today and see if they've got the wheel cleaner as well. I'm out of CG Sticky Gel anyway.

13. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

:applause2: Can't wait for your review. Hows the S100 wheel cleaner compared to p21s?

14. dublifecrisis

dublifecrisis Any Rag Vehicle Washer

interesting...I've been yearning for TAW for a while but the price kept it out of my shopping cart. Just so happens it's Bike Week just south of me in Daytona and a guy I know is going to bring me back some S100 this weekend.
    Maybe the carnauba paste wax but I need to stop collecting waxes until I actually start running low....LOL

15. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

OK, a quick update. I washed my own car today, which was already quite clean, so I didn't get to truly test the cleaning power of S100 TCW.

With that said...if there's a difference, I can't tell what it is. It's been a long time since I used TAW, but I remember it being a slightly different color. This stuff sort of looks like really diluted tea. It's vaguely thick too, so it clings well.

Worked like a champion on my wheels and wheel wells, and I did the engine with it as well, although it was already plenty clean.

The real test will be the next dirty car I get, but at this moment, I can't see any reason to buy TAW again. This stuff costs almost exactly half as much, and so far, it performs identically.

16. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

i pass by a harley store everyday! will have to stop by

17. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Well I'm out of P21S TAW so I'm gonna be picking up a 5L S100 next week, I'll let you all know how it works and maybe do a comparison with the small amount of P21S I have left.

18. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

BTW it's 45 bucks for a 5L if anyone was wondering.

19. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

20. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I want to bring up this topic, instead of posting a new thread.

After washing the wifes car, I noticed weird ass hard pollen spots or something throughout the paint. Is the p21s taw intended to help break up these little deposits? Are you soaking the whole car when using the product.

I read a post that someone was using the CG CWC as a subsitute for TAW, has anyone tried that?? I have some CGCWC and would be willing to try it as a good presoak.

What device are you using to get the product on the car? Are you using the little pump sprayers without the want and just in the .5 gallon size.

Thanks guys, lets get this topic up again please, It would be really appreciated.