Thoughts on PS21 total auto wash..

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by carguy461, Feb 19, 2009.

1. carguy461

carguy461 Two Bucket System Washer

Just how good is PS21 total auto wash? Found a great price on another site..the 5000ml..what is that size in ounces? Thoughts on this product compared to others, the way things are now making wise choices now..Thanks..:applause2:

2. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

A gallon, 128oz

3. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

TAW rules, but its a little pricey. im in the process of experimenting with cheaper alternatives for when my supply of TAW runs out.

4. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Try optimum power clean

5. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

Is the price better than that of the S100 Total Cycle Cleaner at Harley Davidson?

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Is it just me or does anyone else find this stuff foams so much its hard to rinse completely? Autpglym Powermax3. $30 per GALLON CDN and dilutes down 6 or 8:1. Autogylm Cutom Wheel Cleaner works better than the P21S products and is also around $30 CDN for a gallon but you use it straight. Not that I'm biased or anything.

7. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

After you recommended it I searched for a week trying to find a place that carried their premium stuff. All I found was an auto supply store in Tennessee and a few online retailers that carry small sizes of their consumer brand.

I'm jealous.. do you know of anyway I could find a place in the US that carries their premium stuff? If I ordered it from Canada I think that shipping would negate the lower cost.

8. scot_w

scot_w Birth of a Detailer

5000ml=169.07oz

9. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

detailedimage has it on sale today.

10. carguy461

Thanks Scot, that helps....:applause2:

11. carguy461

Yep, thats where it's on sale for a while longer...is it worth it?

12. Harleyguy

Harleyguy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I just bought a gallon of that today with the pump for the gallon size i paid $45.00

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

PM Dust2Glory. I know he managed to get his hands on some PM3. The Custom Wheel Cleaner (aka Acid Free Wheel Cleaner) is also excellent and that should be available as well. PM me if you can't find it.

14. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

911. You are so lucky you have an Auto Glym dealer right in your city. I would kill for a gallon of the custom wheel cleaner and powermax.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

I'm a huge fan of Total Auto Wash, just can't get enough of there products. Not cheap but very reliable and best part safe. I like using TAW on wheel wells and on the lower parts of the vehicle :thumb:

16. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Amen to that brother!!! MadOzodi even got me to put some in my foam lance on my PW along with some Adam's on a dirty, grimey 350z we tackled. The way I see it, you know what to expect from TAW and know that it's going to deliver the goods, and once you buy one of the big jugs of it (5L), then why mess with what works???:shead:

17. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Agreed! I go through about 250-500ml (half of my 1000ml bottle) per detail!! :yikes:

18. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Dude...doesn't that work out to something like $7 per detail?

I'm not disputing the amount you're using - I'm just illustrating how expensive this stuff is. The wheel stuff is similarly pricey.

JL and I are gonna be fiddling around with some of the Majestic Solutions cleaners to see if maybe a "P21S TAW Workalike" can be made for pennies on the dollar. I'm thinking Power Prep will be the base...

19. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I actually have started to use CWC as a TAW replacement. I mix 16:1 with great results and not as sudsy. Just make sure you use CWC and not CWG (per chemical guys).
    I even add a dab of SV carwash to it to make it smell "tropical!"

20. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

TAW is expensive but awesome, totally worth it. Same with the gel wheel cleaner.