The Unofficial 5/8ths to M14 adapter Thread?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by MrPolished&Waxed, Jan 24, 2009.

1. scot_w

scot_w Birth of a Detailer

2. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

thats like $20 US dollars?+ shipping, if one of them is the right adapter.

3. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

I do agree with you. only something like this I would prefer it looks decent and an average welders welds look horrible. Unless its robotic or a damn good tig welder its not going to be consistent or pretty. If your familiar with import racing. Check out some of full races manifolds they are amazing. Heres a link
    http://www.full-race.com/catalog_images/SubaruV.2/Lower/Lower (4).jpg

baller status welding and parts.

4. MrPolished&Waxed

5. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

wanna send my your attempt and ill see what my friend can do for you?
    and if it works out ill just send it back to you.

6. MrPolished&Waxed

thanks but its not worth it, I already got a 3m 125mm 5/8 BP and with the new gloss it 3" there is no need for the adapter.

If I really wanted the RB gray BP or something I might do it. The bolts were $5.55 then Id have to ship them to ya, so....

7. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

no i mean the one you welded together wrong(cut it apart and try it again).

8. MrPolished&Waxed

I already did and its pretty tore up....just really not worth it, or else I would, If you want it I'll send it to ya

9. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

hey would yah snap me a pic of your attempts?

if it isn't mangled too bad(enough to salvage for threads) maybe ill give it a try.

10. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

I'm happy to pay the $15 bucks for a 3M superbuff adaptor to use my 5/8ths thread lake country BP's on my M14 Makita 9227

Gives more distance between the head of the machine and the pad so I can monitor mark removal easier

11. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

+2 on that. I find that I rest my hand on top of the backing plate while its spinning to guide it better. That is with gloves of course! :headbang:

12. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

That gives me an idea of a 5/8" extension piece. You could do basically the same idea as the OP, but cut the head off the bolt, thread it into the coupler, and weld it in place, so it doesn't turn anymore. Plus side to doing it this way is that it will always come out centered.

Hmmmm... now to decide if I want a spacer in there...

13. MrPolished&Waxed

I'll get you pics later, sorry for the late reply.