The Smoke Lounge - For Cigar Lovers

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Feb 10, 2008.

1. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Cigars are like detailing products. You have your humidor/cabinet full but theres always room for more or so it seems.:shead::thumb:

2. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer

Yep....I have played a little "cigar-box tetris" in the past!

3. RussECU

I tried one of the Acid cigars this weekend. I got the sampler pack and all I had time for was the smallest one in the pack. I will update with name later. I assume all of them will have the characteristic of a sweet taste. Was a pretty smooth smoke. Had a sweet aroma too but not like a pipe tobacco sweet. Since it was the smallest it did go fast. Would I recommend it probrably not since it is soo small. Can't wait to try another of the samples when I have time to relax. Will update with name tonight.

4. MikeyC

MikeyC Two Bucket System Washer

Yeah. I was REALLY hooked. It's only Monday, but I think this is going to be the first week in a few months that I won't get a package from them.

I got some SWEET deals from them. Last week I won a box of God of Fire churchills for $175. The best internet price I could find for them was $230 and not everyone has them in stock. Locally, I've seen them for $25-$30 per cigar.

5. MikeyC

There are two cigar "one day deal" websites I always check:
    • CigarMonster.com
    • JoeCigar.com
    These sites often offer good to very good stogies for a decent to significant discount.

Today's deal on Cigar Monster is pretty good:

1 box of Ashton VSG Illusions for $170 shipped. These are very good smokes and normally go for over $200 for a box.

6. MikeyC

Hello fellow smokers!!

I'm looking to make some room in my collection. So, I've posted a "garage sale" cigar thread over on Club Stogie. If you're looking for a good deal on some smokes check it out:

Club Stogie Cigar Discussion Forum

7. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I had an opusX the other day, what a stick, This thing has a nice spice to it. Almost like a coriander ot something.. i cant put my finger on it... but wow it was alot stronger then i though, def not a cigar to rsuh.. def worth checking out

8. Calgarydetail

I had a Carlos Torano 1895 Exodius, what a stick. I see whyt this was one of the top 5 in 06. It is a smooth well balanced stick. I would def recomend these,.. esp at 88bucks a box. Cant go wrong

9. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

noob here. no inhaleing right. just puff out ward?

I've had some cubans before. From a friends dad, but I didnt understand the concept. lol

10. haper

haper Birth of a Detailer

Cigars are not supposed to be smoked like a cigarette, so no inhaling. But that doesn't mean some people don't inhale on occasion. I like to take a good puff, leave the smoke in my month for a few seconds, then let slowly filter out.

Calgarydetail, great link to Authentic Cuban Cigars and Aged Cigars From Switzerland. They have partagas series D ( length 4.8, gauge 50) for less then $10 USD each box of 15, that's insanely cheap! Are these prices for real or are they not true cubans.

11. Calgarydetail

thanks, and they are real.. i have odred a few times from them ,taken them to the store to get verified as well as compared them to a box a fiend picked meup frm the factory in cuba.. as far as i can tell they are real..

12. RussECU

I had one of the Acids this weekend the Maduro. Nice little smoke. They do have some sweetness to them and smell great. I also had a JR Ulimate and it was good also. Had a nice burn to it.

On a second note I am still fighting with my humidor. Gonna do the salt test for my hydrometer soon to check its accuracy. I even removed all my cigars and re seasoned. It seemed pretty steady at 65-70 for a day then I introduced my cigars a couple a day. I will see what the salt tests reveals. Cigars do not feel dry.

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I had the pleasure of having a CAO MX2... VERY tasty

I also just ordered a 4 pack sampler of Romeo y' Julieta sampler for $7.95 shipped... (Tonya sent me the link...)

Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Cigar Offer.

14. Calgarydetail

im not a huge an o the mx2...but then again i dont smoke alot of cao, not my cup o tea

and are those cuban ryj? prob not at that price

15. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I am a big fan of CAO

Nope not cuban... due to the Embargo we can't get them in the US... I tried to gove cubans a go and never really did understand the appeal.. I would go to Windsor and get some.. I kept trying and trying thinking my pallete was green but I just never cared for cubans

16. Calgarydetail

i know oyu guys cannot get them but there are plenty that will ship to the states

you are paying way to much i you are buying them in windsor, its to close to the border, they jack uo the prices

like any region there are good and bad, i ind cubans age really really well

but it all comes down to what you like

so like what you smoke and smoke what you like

17. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I am not a fan of them so no lost coin

My fave is Diamond Crown... YUMMY!!

18. haper

haper Birth of a Detailer

i went ahead and ordered a box of the paratagas from the online place you recommended and everything went through w/o a hitch, for less then $10 USD per cigar it is a very good deal. i didn't tell my buddy and his wife bought 10 from me, should have seen the look on his face when she gave them to him as one of his birthday presents.

here's a list of my favorites in order:

Davidoff Series R - my present favorite. non-bitter, non-harsh. has a smooth, slow, even burn. on the pricey side.
    Padron 1964 - very nice burn but a bit more harsh then the Davidoff
    Partagas series D - very close to the Padron, but a good bargain at less the $10 USD.
    Ashton VSG - has to be the VSG, as i don't like any other cigar from their line. not harsh but not as smooth as the Davidoff, sometimes can have a problem burning evenly and consistently. more reasonably priced then the Davidoff and Padron.

19. Calgarydetail

im glad it worked out, theres nothing better then the look on a friends face when you give them a good cigar...

ohh and you have great taste in cigars :)

on a side note, my friends b-day is comming up, he chews (kinda sick i know) and he loves Hawkens, whichs can only be found in a few states.
    I was wondering if somone would be willing to pick some up and ship it to me. I ofcourse will pay for everything, including you hassel.
    It a present that i think he would love so i igured i would ask........

Thanks in advance

20. RussECU

Where is hawkens made? I haven't seen it but I would assume I could find it here or back home. On a side note my grandfather makes his own chew. He picks out the leaves he wants, pulls the stems out, then twist it up. lol No sugars, molasses, etc. Strong as heck! I tried it once.
    Oh yes I have had a few cigars lately:
    Rocky Patel the Edge and Edge Lite (Liked Edge Lite better)
    CAO Italia, Brazila, MX2 (Liked them all)
    Alec Bradley MAXX - Liked it but damn that a big cigar. lol

Still fighting with my little humidor.:thud::catfight: