The ONR experience

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by triplet, Nov 18, 2007.

1. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Impressive results!

I'm still happy to be in an area where I can wash my car any time year around... :) (Nor-Cal)

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

just washed my car in about 35 minutes with onr. Its 9
    :30 pm and its raining out love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have been reading about ONR for such a long time, but nowhere has it ever really been explained on how the process works.

Can someone explain?

4. distrbd

distrbd New Member

All you need is two buckets of warm water one is for washing with 2 gal.of water and two cap-fulls of ONR ,the other is for rinsing with 3 gal.of water in it.
    squeeze your wash mitt or sponge in onr a couple of times,go to the car, Do it in 5 sections, 1/5 of the car at a time ,wash with the sponge ,then wipe turning the towel all the time,go to the rinse bucket and rinse the sponge, put it back in onr and start all over again in another section of the car,as simple as that.:mounty:
    I did two cars on the weekend,each took about 45 minutes.

5. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I just did my A6 this afternoon with ONR. It was about 40 degrees out and some of my neighbors were just coming home from work. I love the fact that they think I'm nuts seeing me do stuff like this. Anyway, I started out with one of the grout sponges that a lot of folks say they love using with ONR. To tell you the truth, I really didn't care for it too much. It seemed to leave a little too much dirt on the car. My white waffle weaves were showing some dirt. I switched to a MF wash mitt that I got at Costco (on a whim), and it seemed to pick up all the dirt on the surface as my white MFs were coming up clean.

Has anyone tried a Shmitt washmitt with ONR yet? Phil, what did you use with your ONR wash?

6. detailersdomain

I used MF towels the blue 16x24 ones we sell. I use 2-3 towels per panel going from top to bottom.

I used the shmitt but liked the mf better.

7. DJ_JonnyV

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll have to tack on some more 16x24s on my next order. I literally just hit the "Place Your Order" button on your site on a ha-uge @ss order. Gift certificate and holiday sale minimized impact to wallet...thank God!!!

8. detailersdomain

Just saw it, the order will go out tomorrow.

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Let us know what you bought!!!

10. DJ_JonnyV

Here's my order:

Adam's In & Out Spray (3 pack)

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish

Menzerna Intensive Polish

4 Blue MF WW Drying Towels

Schmitt Wash Mitt

Adam's Detail Spray - 1 gallon refill

P21s Finish Restorer

P21s Auto Wash - 5 liter refill

P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel Formula 500ml

einszett Cockpit Premium (16,9 fl oz)

Menzerna Top Inspection (500ml or 16.9 oz)

Most of the order is either backfilling existing supplies or beefing up supplies, such as WW drying towels. I'm about out of Menzerna IP, but have been wanting to try SIP. IP is my go to with the Flex, but have heard good things about SIP, so figured I'd get both. The 1z Cockpit Premium is just outstanding stuff for interior. I like the P21s Auto Wash for doing engines, wheel wells, and sometimes wheels. The P21s wheel cleaner gel is something new that I'll be trying as is the Menzerna Top Inspection. I really like the P21s Finish restorer for wheels. Most wheel polish I've used is very liquid. This stuff is like toothpaste and is easier to work with in my opinion. Actually, just used some today on my A6.

11. detailersdomain

the order went out today! Thanks!

12. M POWER

M POWER Virgin Detailer

As does the process work? section washed and dried, then another section was washed and dried, or simply washes around the car section to section and finally dried whole car?

THANKS.