The "Official" Thread for On-Line Detailing Deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Ok cool...

I think you misunderstood me... I really meant I didn't understand the question... I aint that smart...lol

But now I understand the question...

I'll leave that up to you Nica.. I dont want to see DB get overly cluttered so I will leave the decision of where it goes up to you...

Anyone else care to chime in???

2. Nica

Nica Banned

hahaha oh you were asking me and I was asking you hahahahaha

Well I'm thinking of just modifying the existing thead and changing the name and description what say yeeeeee?

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I'm cool with that but can we keep it strickly for detailing stuff?

Here's my thought process..

I am sitting down behind my pc to make a web purchase and am looking for let's say some brushes.. So I stop into this thread and check out what I may find

OR

I am heading out to run some errands and am looking for a pneumatic seat for detailing so I pop into the "Official Thread for OTC detailing supply deals"

OR

I am just looking for a good deal on a general item.. Yup you guessed it, I check the "General Merch Good Deal Thread".

I know personally I would personally use the thread more because it is tailored for the method you/I/we are looking for at that particular moment and it will take less time to "weed" through the other stuff / method of purchase that you/I/we are wanting to pursue...

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

5. Nica

Nica Banned

So this thread will just keep on growing then? Or will other threads be started eventually?

I understand what you mean Motor and that makes sense but if there are going to be multiply threads then perhaps it's best to have it's own section but if it's just one thread that will go and go and go then I'm thinking of just "recycling" the existing section and modifying it just my thoughts though, let me know what your thoughts are :flirt:

6. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Yeah after I typed the different threads I am going to create in order to make it effecient I now I agree with you that they should have thier own section...

Hmmm... Now for a name... I will work on that one today... suggestions???

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Well how about just "Great Bargain" with the following description/rule: Have you found a great deal you'd like to share? Did you come accross an online sale? Feel free to post such great sales weather they are happening localy with over the counter products or if it's anonline sale going on. Warning: Promoting your own products or promoting a site that is afiliated with the person posting will not be allowed. Members may post links to great deals but must have no ties to such deals.

How's that?

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Sound great...

"MotorCity Bargain Bin" has a nice ring to it.. Ha ha

Kidding of course

But seriously "Bargain Bin" souds nice..

Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty to revise the description.. use as you see fit..

Bargain Bin:
    Have you found a great over the counter deal you'd like to share, did you come across an online sale, or are you on the hunt for a deal?

Feel free to post and browse for the “deals of the day” here…

Be Advised: Promoting your own products or promoting a site that you are affiliated with is strictly prohibited - no exceptions.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

I like it :thumb: the discription is good too I'll just add the DB Certified Dealers in there.

Thanks for the help Motor :thumb: and I'll be posting it up in a few min...oh I got other goodies to share too that I just loaded up on the forum :giggle:

11. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I think its a good idea but..........I think in fairness,it has to be limited to items that the vendors dont carry.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Good point Duratys :thumb: okay Motor how's that discription hahahaha teasing I think I'll make up rules for it..darn more work for me :wall:

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

That's all you buddy
    :woo:

14. Nica

Nica Banned

I'll come up with some rules to hopefully make it clear as to what is allowed and what is not allowed, lets call it the :preach: hahahahah I like that smilie hahahaha

15. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

You work quick!!!:cool2:

I'll start the OTC thead in a few minutes

16. Nica

Nica Banned

17. Nica

Nica Banned

No messing around with me bro :chest: straight to business :thumb:

18. Showroom Shine

Showroom Shine Birth of a Detailer

Looks like the type of bottle that the waterless product dri wash comes in!

19. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Cool... got it Nica, be respectful to the sponsors and help each other out! Nice, clear and to the point! :thumb:

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Well said Rocco, well said my friend, it's all about respect :usa:....:canada: