The New Iphone?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by detailersdomain, Apr 19, 2010.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

2. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

all i know is it was bad enough having to wait the 2-3 weeks when they normally announce it at WWDC. now we have to wait for WWDC and THEN the 2-3 weeks. what a mess :(

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Looks cool. I am patiently waiting for this puppy to be released, I still have a first-generation 8GB iPhone.

4. JonM

JonM Guest

Thanks for sharing, looks like a nice phone.

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I have bad luck with phones. My state of the art LG VU is the nicest it's going to get. I have a habit of running them over/dropping them in the toilet/ etc.

6. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

use less wax on them and dont clay them so they have a more tactile feel :)

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I'm in the same boat, this one looks promising!

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Look interesting, hoping for this one to have a hard clearcoat cuz mine now is a little soft bitch!

9. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Steve Jobs let one slip through to get the hype going. He's a master of hype, not innovation. 3+ years for copy and paste and some half-assed form of multi tasking?

10. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

11. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

is it as bad as the audi?
    i would love to hear how your dealing with the butter soft finish. i can't even sneeze next to my jet black with out a scratch appearing

12. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

technically if you actually look at how it works. it is quite slick and will allow for better battery life / etc. at first glance it looks half ass but it is really far from it.

here is a good read on it.
    AppleInsider | Inside iPhone OS 4.0: Multitasking vs Mac OS X, Android

keep in mind i'm not a fan boy. just love getting new toys. and the resale is frigging awesome on all fan boy products so it allows me to swap them out every year with little or no loss at all :)

13. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

But how LONG has it taken to get to this point? It's not innovation at all, it's backwards engineering. They're releasing features that should be included and their fanbase is EXCITED when they get features that other phone manufacturers have been including for free and on release for YEARS. My very first cellphone could copy and paste.

I had an iphone for 5 months or so. It was rubbish.

14. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

i've used all flavors of smart phones for almost 8 years. and this is the first one i dont have to charge every night. or mid day. or have a charger in every car / office / house /etc.

Does it lack some things i would like. Of course. They all did. but as with Android or BB or Windows Mobile or Palm. i'm willing to "tweak" it to get it to something that works well for my needs. so i'm happy. :applause2:

15. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

im sorry you had a terrible experience with yours, my iphone by far has been the best phone i have ever had.

i've used windows phones, palm phones, blackberrys, etc (i haven't used android phones yet)

16. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

I've used: Windows Mobile, Nokias N series and E series, Android (with and without skins like sense), and the iPhone is def. at the top with android!

I love it! This design looks good and 4.0 is sweet. I have to upgrade!

17. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

It couldn't do any of the things I needed it to for my business -- no true push email (not sure if they fixed this or not by yet, blackberry has still been the most elegant way of handling this so far)
    It couldn't copy and paste (copy and paste an address/URL/email address from one window to another)

It couldn't multitask. I loved Pandora on it... until I got a text message. Close Pandora (no more music) answer text, start up pandora again, yay 30 seconds of music until I get another text or an email or something.

The screen was smudgy from the touching... all the time. I also have fairly large hands and typing on it (quickly) was a pain in the ass.

I gave it 5 months or so before I took it back and got a Bold 9000 and have been incredibly pleased.

As I always say, the iPhone is a great "Look what useless things my phone can do!" where a true smartphone has sent 3 emails, replied to several texts, checked the weather and inputted several things into the calendar by the time you've gone back to that email 3-4 times trying to remember that address you're supposed to be at.

I know they've addressed a few of these issues since then but they should have been included upon release. Not systematically released to induce hype and give fans a false sense that they're gaining features.

18. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Looks awesome. I am still on the fence as to whether I will dump my 3gs for it. I might wait till my contract is up.

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

oh, no...is everything still I-Phoninsh, I mean backwards?