The brightest torch in the world over 1000 lumens!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Paul Dalton aka Miracle, May 27, 2009.

1. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

Hi again Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been looking at some reviews on youtube and they do seem to be quality lights.. The X21 looks insane - you need to upload some photos or a video to show its capabilities.

The K3 in the HK-video really showed the swirls and holograms - I better try one of those too..

Kind regards,

Ebbe

2. VehicleDetail

VehicleDetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

haha! already done that with my existing head light , ppl think i'm strange anyway

3. VehicleDetail

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

It would seem like a good idea but look like a fool working on a car with that on. Now if you were going to detail in a cave, it would fit right in.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

6. Chris_

Chris_ Virgin Detailer

You can never have enough light. And I like my toys LOL

I have one of these. 3300lumens out of a 35w HID lamp, is a bit big and heavy though.....LOL
    Rechargeable 35W HID Spotlight - Jaycar Electronics

And one of these I use quite often with 500 lumens its kinda like a sun gun I spose. Has great battery life and you can use it on charge if need be and off the 12v in car power supply. Unlike the big banger above I think Ive only ever charged it maybe twice though. Never seems to run out of power. It does have a better colour to it then the big one also.

http://www.colemanaustralia.com.au/...000001491&categoryID=1092&parentCategory=1152

7. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Woah, you can totally burn someone's eyes out with that bad boy. It'll be a nice toy to have around for sure.

8. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Hey Paul,

A quick question if I may... I recently got a P7/T7 to evaluate and would like to hear how you rate it compared to say the T5/P5 if you have used them?

My only reason for asking is because I sometimes found the T7/P7 too bright when focused on a particular spot to see the defects. It was actually better at a wider setting, hence my thoughts that a lower powered torch may be more suitable...

9. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

I got the daddy 1000 lumen torch the other week, its mental, now you go and show me that 3000+ lumen torch!! Yes, depending on what your looking for and depending on colour of paint, A slightly less powerful torch is better in some cases, but I like to check the paintwork now with several different torches.

I still work with metal halide lamps though, and then check it over with the Led lenser torches.

Kind Regards
    Paul

10. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Do you have any pics of your metal halides Paul?

11. Chris_

Chris_ Virgin Detailer

Yeah sorry for that. To be totally honest with you all. Except for bragging rights its not much good for what we do (Correction jobs). Definatly way to bright and for a 6000K globe its way to green. I do however find it very good for when you are inspecting a car /quoting and your stuck in a area with very bright ambient light say a car park at midday. Its like you bought the sun with you. But in a garage its no good for correction work.

Great to take camping, they claim 1kilometer range and I think there pretty close. LOL

Even the 560 luman LED i have will wash out the lighter marks unless you look at it right. You need to shine the actual beam away from you slightly and use the reflection of the actual globes. Then its awesome.

For the actual correction jobs I also prefer my Metal Halide that I have mounted on a tripod link below. I also have 4 x 500w halogens (2 each side of the car), 6 x 150w halogens (2 each side and one above the bonnet and boot) a heap of flouros and incandesents mounted around and above the work space.

I figure you cant fix what you cant see.......... and you can never have to much light, well unless you have 3000+ lumans then your getting close to almost enough LOL

TR701P - Crompton Lighting

12. VehicleDetail

oooo you went and bought it! haha

I got myself the P7 and K3 and love them!

13. VehicleDetail

You'll have to post a video of the 1000 lumen torch Paul.

14. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Holy cow!!!! I may buy one of these and finally give up my Bic lighter?!?!?:applause2:

15. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

16. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

hahaha not quite

Philips is hard at work, and Audi will just buy them once their ready

Lexus is using LED headlights already on their LS600H

i just bought a led lenser p7 off ebay, hoping it works well enough......its too hot here in Aus to have the halogens on

17. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I wonder how many times those ppl are gonna get flashed at or pulled over by the po-po (no offense Richy!!)

18. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i dont get it. why would you get flashed? first those are not as bright as HID headlights according for testing thats been done on hid forum, second they meet all DOT standars, please dont confuse them with idiots who have hid kits in their dual filament housings including those who drive trucks that have dual filament housings and are lifted, they have no regard for other drivers

audi r8 headlights have 3 4chip leds in them putting out about 900 lumens each so its only 2700 lumens if that, regular hids are 3200-3800 lumens

on top you wouldnt know if headlights are leds unless you know what car they come on, only one i know is lh600 and escalade platinum, both i seen on road and they dont look brighter then hids

:)