The best tire dressing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Reflect, Nov 4, 2008.

1. virtual

virtual DB Pro Supporter

Swissvax Pneu or Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel!

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I use it 1:1 on tires, I use a short handle body brush... the one with the green bristles. Spray a few times on the brush then onto the tire! works great!

When I'm all done with the detail, I usually look over the tires and if I see something that looks like run, then I'll usually pat dry the tire

3. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This is a good topic, I'm looking at some new CG tire shines, how would you guys compare the VRP to their Silk Shine?

4. ghost28

ghost28 Birth of a Detailer

only thing i have found with hyper dressing is one trip through the rain and its GONE....did my wifes altima with it twice and both times it rained a day or two later and it was like i didnt put anything on the tires at all....it also slings like crazy no matter how much you wipe it off after.....

i have it 1:1 for tires and and the 2:1 and 4:1 for other applications.....its my dressing of choice at the moment except for tires which i am using a malco dressing that i am not 100% happy with but i bought a gallon so i am using it.....i am gonna try the Cg or adams soon.....

5. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

megs endurance gloss

6. Byktor

Byktor Virgin Detailer

I have:

High Gloss: Meg´s Endurance, Insane NXT

Medium Gloss: Mothers FX tire shine.

And i want to try VRP when arrives tomorrow.

7. DG 501

DG 501 Jedi Nuba

Darn.... Jimmie... where is the pic that you took of the tire dressings? The one where you divided the tire into 4 sections and labeled each area.

I have not used many... but I like CG VRP!:applause2:

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i also make a mixture of Rightlook.com silicone based dressing and dp tire gel which seems to be a pretty good mix. there are a few members on here that have used it and liked it.

RL 60/dp tire gel 40

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Optimum Tire bond is very nice.

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Solvent-based silicone dressings - Dimethalsilicone (DMS) usually a clear greasy liquid, which leaves a never-dry gloss film, most contain petroleum distillate solvents. Silicone is inert, it’s the solvent that damages the rubber, as it acts as a cleaning agent, as a result, the tyre begins to crack and rot. After the antiozonant works its way to the outside of the tire and is exposed to the ozone in the air, it turns brown. The technical term for this effect is blooming, which then removes the elasticity from vinyl, rubber and paint; causing them to evaporate out of the substrate, expelling the rubber additives to the tyres surface and could result in premature drying and cracking, leaving behind a dry inflexible surface.

The difference between water and solvent based is in the carrier system used. Solvent based products use a hydrocarbon silicone to suspend the product. When you apply it, the solvent evaporates leaving the dressing's active ingredients (silicone oil) behind; this type of silicone leaves a high gloss shine and will repel water longer but it is non-biodegradable. Most high gloss products are based upon Dimethalsilicone (DMS)

11. choopy

choopy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

CG Fade2Black Looks awesome, and easy to apply, spray can baby!!

12. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

swissvax pneu!!

13. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

This one sounds interesting to me. There are so many to choose from. Holy Crap. I hope you're right supercharged...:thumb:

14. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

Is VRT water based? safe for tires?

15. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

O-Kay supercharged you off the hook...I didn't see this one before. ASPHALT ROCKET says the same thing...Odds are in my favor

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

try it, you will like it.

17. starmax

starmax Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have been using Optimum Tire Shine lately and really like it. Easy to apply, quick wipe down and you're set. I have not experienced the blotchiness some have reported, but that seems to be dependent on the tire and cleanliness of said tire. I have gone through quite a lot of the product in a short amount of time, but if you buy the gallon size it's not too expensive. Doesn't last quite as long as I had hoped, but nothing's perfect. I am thinking of trying some Zaino Z-16, as that is supposed to have good durability and you don't use very much with each application. Anyone use Z-16?