The “Official” Thread for OTC Detailing Deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Ok…. This thread is similar to the “On-Line Detailing Deal Thread” – only difference is this is reserved for OTC (over the counter) items…

One item of note when posting, due to some “sales” being regional it may be of use to post the geography of where you physically saw the deal for instance.. I’ll go first…

Metro Detroit Area Big Lots: NASCAR Tire Dressing = $3

Ok, keep em’ coming!!!:cool2:

2. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Ill add some more for Big Lots

Nascar Spray Wax $3.00
    TW Platinum Leather Dressing-$3.00
    TW MF applicators 2 pack for $1.40
    TW MF Tire Dressing applicators 2 pack for $1.70
    Long Haul All in One Wax $5.00
    Long Haul Sampler Pack $4.99

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Big Lots 20% off coupon

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The Nascar Tire Dressing in Austin is only $1 and they have about 3 cases of it. I bought some the other day and tried it. The sprayer head is awful, so I ended up putting it on a foam pad and it worked great! Nice and glossy.

5. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

i just got a carpet brush and some blue coral all safe wheel cleaner for 2 bux together at autozone

6. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

The Nascar wheel cleaner is not that great....

7. Bunky

Bunky Guest

O'Reilly's has the Viking green detailing towels and edgeless polishing towels on sale for around $2 each in Virginia. I went there for a drying towel but they wanted $11.99 so I passed. They are cheaper at Kmart (I hope).

8. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Went to Dollar General today, thanks goes to Dust...
    Awesome APC the big bottle...3 bucks....

They had some Megs brushes and sheep skin mitts there too...They was about the same price as Big Lots that Rocco found.....

9. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

D@mn, you beat me to the punch. I got in on this yesterday as well. The green Viking detailing towles were $2.49/ea. I believe, and the orange ones are $2.09. They also have some Meguiar's MF detailing towels for $2.29 I belive it was. They were very nice and soft as well. I ended up going to 2 O'Reilly's and cleaned both out. The one store offered to order me some more in, but was figuring I have a pretty good supply overall right now. Didn't know if it would make sense to order a bunch and re-diestribute to folks on here for my cost + shipping.

10. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I got 2 green towels (all they had), 2 edgeless polishing, and 1 pkg of glass cleaning cloths for about $12. They also had the 16x16 on sale plus Meg's MF you saw.

Interestingly, they were not on sale online.

11. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Ace Hardware is running a dollar day special right now.

My favorite glass cleaner, Sprayway is on sale for 2 bucks a can. Normally around 4 bucks.

It's a great foam glass cleaner, never streaks, great product!

12. DJ_JonnyV

Yeah, they checked inventory at other area stores for me, and all the other ones had were 2 as well. That's when they could order all I wanted in, but having a tough time justifying them as I already have a boatload of them.

I concur on the Srpayaway. Good stuff!!! I picked up some Costco a few months ago and mainly use it on exterior windows.

Reefer_Bob - have you found a way to avoid dripping it on paint while you're doing exterior windows (or interior vinyl/trim for that matter). Seems like quick shot sprays work best, but always finding myself dripping on the paint.

13. Dandrop

Dandrop Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Some stuff i found while shopping today:

Costco:
    Mother's Mini-powerball polishing pack. This includes the mini-ball + extension rod + Liquid polish - $14.99
    Microfiber Sponges (Dreadlock Sponge type). Includes 3 dreadlock sponges + 2 Microfiber Towels. I think it was $10.99

Target:
    Meguiar's NXT 2.0 paste wax - Clearanced at $11.18

Home Depot:
    Husky 16" Toolbag + Utility Sack Combo. The sack is a collapsible bucket. I got this for my FLEX, it fits perfect, plus enough space to put in extension cords, pads etc. Clearanced for $10 (originally $28)

Autozone:
    CD2 Engine Detailer. $4.99

Pepboys:
    Eagleone Wheel Cleaner & Some other eagleone products. Buy one get one free.

This is Bay Area California.

14. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

best glass cleaner I have used..that and Hopes ....much better than IG ...

by the case I was paying 2.36 a can for Sprayway..but 2.00 a can is a steal....will grab more...

Al

15. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Dandrop: Nice finds there man... Thanks for Sharing!!!

16. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Tuesdaymorning automated # for a Brinkman!
    1-800-901-0881 then enter the item # 7414123 followed by the # sign then your zip code. It will tell you if any stores close to you have a brinkman. Go online to Tuesday Morning Enter your zip code, then hit search once that screen opens hit list of locations in blue at the top. My Company: Maps
    Keep calling the automated # and enter the different zip codes until you find a Brinkman.

17. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Thanks Tonya!

18. DJ_JonnyV

My local Big Lots here in St. Louis had the Turtle Wax MF applicator pads and wheel applicator pads for $1.50 and $1.70, respectively. 2 per pack and wer a pretty goodo deal for wheels and hard to reach areas. Needless to say, I have about 20 of each now and could probable be talked out of a few if anyone's interester. Actual cost + shipping. Just PM me.

19. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Here's an Ebay deal for thos of you who use nitrile/ latex gloves. I buy mine by the box. This is a glove box holder that you can mount on the wall of a garage or trailer. Great to have a permanent spot to keep your box of gloves. He has several of these listed. I have purchased 2 of these now and he has great service and fast shipping.

BTW: The best place I have found so far to buy nitrile gloves is at Costco. They are exam gloves.

20. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Dont forget the blue Nitrile gloves that Harbor Freight sells. You really can't beat them for 100 for 9.99. Nice and thick and hard to tear. They are occasionally on sale for $7.99.