Teaser: You thought that Honda was bad...

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by TheRustySuper, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Man really good work that was simply disgusting. I dont understand how someone could stand that.

2. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I love how I am still getting compliments, you guys are awesome! :)

To answer a question...the smell wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be. Certainly better than other cars I'd done.

And the owner could not stand the mess, she really didn't like driving it like it was when she got it. She was showing it off to some friends the last time we were together...she really liked the Stripper Scent ;)

3. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Sorry to bring this back to the top but I felt the need to share. The owner of this car texted me the other day and told me she knows why the car was so moldy under the seats and stuff. She and her family moved here from Louisiana...after Hurricane Katrina. Yup, the car had been sitting in about a foot of water at one point. I'm not a germophobe or anything...but that makes me worry about some of the stuff I was handling (with my bare hands) and what I was cleaning up :yikes:

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

mold is nothing to mess with, espcially mold caused by flooding, you have all sorts of bacteria, feces, dead bodies, toxins etc. I would recomend removing the carpet and having it re done, iregardless of cost, its a health issue.

5. Peugeot

Peugeot Birth of a Detailer

If you don't have an extractor, the best way to do this is to pull the carpet. Of course, this is murder when the temps are under 50, so unless you're in FL or San Diego, that might not work. Actually, the hotter the better. Personally I wouldn't do it outside June-Aug.

I've done it and it's come out brilliantly.

You just pull it out. If you can hang it on a vertical surface, so much the better.

Soak it down with hose. Mix up a slurry of laundry detergent and water and attack it with a scrub brush. You'll be amazed at how much brown water runs out of it. Repeat. When I did this to a car with a similarly ugly carpet I was able to do 10 cycles of wash and rinse before it started to run clear.

It's a ton of work, but it's the only way to make it perfect. But it will look perfect.

6. blackgn

blackgn Virgin Detailer

Great job in cleaning it out! :applause:

I can't believe anyone would let their car get to that point. I thought my buddy's car was bad (he only washes/cleans it once a year), but it doesn't come close to the mess in that Camaro.