Taping Carlos Style

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Nica, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Well to be honest it took me a few tries to get it right but now I enjoy taping the vehicles I detail, makes clean up much, much faster.

I'll apologize in advance about the download time :sorry: Hope you enjoy it.

Glad you enjoyed it Brian, I feel it makes a big difference when polishing and during the clean up...the worse part is that if you don't tape properly you'll get tape glue al over the vehicle when your polishing, so it has to be clean looking...just something I learned the hard way :shrug:

2. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

i dont have the software to view your vids on my mac so i gotta find a pc. I need to learn to tape b/c i am a non taper and it's about time i learn!

3. Nica

Nica Banned

hmm..I know there is a software for the videos I too am looking for a software for my Mac as well, if you happen to find a software please let me know :peace:

4. yukonon22

will do

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice work Carlos! Its a tragedy that you aren't a full time detailer.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Some times I wish I could be a full time detailer, but then I would miss my desk job, so far I'm quite pleased with detailing on the weekends, besides by detailing on the weekends I can pick and choose the vehicles I want to detail, but I wish my friends would start bringing me there exotics :waiting2: :waiting2: :waiting2: hopefully before summer ends I'll see at least one exotic, I hope :beg:

7. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

I use VLC Media Player for all my videos on the PC and they also do a Mac version of the software, give it a try:

VLC media player - Overview

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Just downloaded VLC and it works like a charm :thumb: thank you for sharing Charlies02GLS :peace:

I think sneek tried to tell me about this as well...just couldn't remember.

9. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Hey Nica what happened to that hand applied wax video :whistle:

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, sorry about that..this move is taking quite a bit of time and I still haven't put the second coat of Crystal Rock on my Lexus, hopefully this weekend I'll have time to put a second coat of Crystal Rock on the Lexus and a coat on the Volvo, if so I'll definitely do the video.

11. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

:thumb: Cool can't wait!!!

12. Bernhard

Bernhard Birth of a Detailer

Great video, I've always hated to do the taping part..

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, taping can be a bit tedious but in the long run it saves significant amount of time. Usualy it dosen't take me too long to tape up a vehicle but depending on the vehicle it can take me up to an hour to have it all taped up :shrug:

14. std aja de

std aja de Any Rag Vehicle Washer

why I can't download this file? :( Is there any link for me to get this video?

15. Nica

Nica Banned

What happens when you click on the links to the videos? What should happen is a window should pop up and automatic download? Let me know what happens to you when you click on the link.

16. yukonon22

thank you it works great

17. std aja de

std aja de Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yes, the windows is opening a new link but there's no automatic download. It's happen to all of this video in this forum. sorry to make you straining at a gnat :sorry:

18. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

What is the green 3m tape? I always use the Blue 3M tape, I think it says for delicate surfaces.

I apologize if this is a dupelicate question but I did not read through the entire post.

Was the blue tape you used 3M Nica? I have never had any issues with the blue.

19. Nica

Nica Banned

That is strange, std aja de if you'd like I can e-mail the files over to you seeing as your havign a hard time with them. Just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send the videos over to you, let me know which videos you'd like and I'll be more then happy to share them with you :peace:

The green tape I'm using on the videos is the 3M green tape. Prior to using the green tape I was using the blue tape but I found that when I was going over the tape with my rotary the heat the rotary was producing was causing the tapes glue to get all over the vehicle and would peal off the surface too so I stoped using the blue tape. So far I've been having good experiance with the green tape...so far. No issues with sticky glue residue or the tape pealing off as I pass over it with the rotary :shrug:.