Taking my first steps into the world of paint correction...

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by TheRustySuper, Nov 14, 2012.

1. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Okay, so all of my detailing up to this point has been done without me learning how to do any paint correction. UNTIL NOW. Because my parents want to know what to get me for Christmas, and I think I'm gonna have them get me paint correction stuff. But...er...I have no clue where to even start. Ideally, I would love to just show my family a link to a kit, and maybe a couple additional products, that they could order. Because I'm just starting out, so I don't need too much stuff. So my question to you guys is: what's a good kit/list of products to start off with for first-time paint correction? Once I get some good practice in on a donor panel, I'll be doing my GTI, my boyfriend's Passat, and my dad's BMW 1-series, just for starters. I'm hoping that I can bring in some more customers based on the results of my corrections as well.

Thanks,

Clark

2. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

I would call Phil and discuss your needs with him. Phil has three levels of packages: Beginner, Intermediate, Advance.

P.S. Phil doesn't jack people around and will give you great advice the first time and every time.

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

let me know if you need anything I'm sure I can help in one way or another.

4. BigDreZ28

BigDreZ28 Jedi Nuba

I can vouch for that... he has helped me a lot in the past few months as well!

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

I can also vouch for that! Phil is the man!

6. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I shall certainly be calling you sometime in the near future :)

7. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I agree Phil is the man and will set you up the right way .