SV Concorso

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by mobilejay, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

awesome:thumb:

2. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

Agpatel, I'll take my chances LOL thanks though

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Speed 1 on a pc????

4. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

yes, I did not believe it either when I first heard this but there are several other detailers on here that use the exact same method with swissvax waxes and guess what......

it applies the wax faster, more even and thinner than anybody can do by hand. I have been using the same jar of swissvax concourso on my cars since last summer and have not even gone half way through the jar. I use two coats of this wax on dark cars and I use one coat of menzerna full molecular jacket and then one coat of the swissvax.

try this method on speed one with a lake country pad and you will not be disapointed I promise you this.

as far as the lake country pad goes, I do not wash it or rinse it out after I have applied the wax to the car, I throw it in a zip lock bag with the jar of swissvax and zip it up and put it in the fridge. most times when I pull it out for the next car it still has enough wax from the next job to complete a whole car before having to smear another small amount of concourso on the middle of the pad.

thanks

godoman

5. Julian_B

Julian_B Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sounds like a good method, maybe i'll try it this spring when i test SV Insignis on the garage queen //S6

6. crew219

crew219 Birth of a Detailer

Mine looks white / yellow just like the one that bigmikela posted . . . . I purchased directly from DD. Probably just variance between batches. I know CMA/Blackfire would usually list what batch their waxes came from.

Enjoy the wax. Concorso was my absolute favorite premium wax to use.

Dave

7. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

Mine is yellow also. I too think SV Concorso is one of my favorite premium waxes. I don't know why Swissvax is always changing their colors. I wonder if it is just the color or if the formula's actually change.

I even have some really old Concorso which is green and is even a completely different texture but I am pretty sure that is from before they had problems with Zymol and know they have changed their formula since then due to the lawsuit. It reminds me of Zymols Concourso but in green instead of yellow. Very soft and gritty.

8. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Maybe the changed the Formula from "Concorso"back to "Best of Show" since they where very similar to begin with they might have just opted to only make one formula at that price point. That is the only thing I can think of. My BoS looks exactly like that pinkish and smells like passion fruit. :)

9. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

Well pinkish or not, this wax is a dream to work with. I have Concours from Zymol and I like it, although Concorso is a little easier to remove. I have used it twice and I keep wanting to use it. Its great, I am glad I bought it and it reminds me how much more of a nauba fan I am than a synthetic. I like the look better, the beading, and the sheeting which I have never been happy with synthetics abilitly(or lack there of) to sheet water off like a carnauba. Thanks for the reviews I found on here for the SV. Once again, WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!!