Surf City Garage

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Obsessive Detail, Jan 27, 2009.

1. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

The metal polish is decent as well. It is a little thin but that was 1.5 years ago, I don't know if they've changed that formula again or not.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After with Maximum Metal and 0000 Steel Wool
    [​IMG]

While it was a decent product, from a business perspective, I'm not sure how well it'll do. The ones you have listed seem to be the most popular and will probably sell the best, IMO.

2. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Thanks for the pictures!

3. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Love the road grime stuff! Actually just ran out of it today!

I need to get some more soon! Works awesome even cut 1:1, Ill have to try it cut more on my next order.

4. Obsessive Detail

I'm going to be placing my order either tomorrow or the next day. It should take 4-5 business days to get here from California.

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Beyond Steel Wheel Cleaner- 2 Liter
    Road Trip Grime Destroyer- 2 Liter
    Beyond Black Tire Pro

6. Obsessive Detail

Thanks for the help guys!

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I like all the products I have tried from SCG BUT the products that stay stocked no less than 2 - 2 liter bottles deep are:

Grime Destroyer
    Beyond Steel
    Tire Pro
    Dash Away
    Both QD's (nuba and sealant based)
    Clearly Better

8. Obsessive Detail

Wow, it seems like the 2 Liter sizes are more popular than the smaller sizes.

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I only buy the 2 liters

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Well, in most cases except for say, metal polish and leather car, they are pretty economical provided their size. Being that most of us on here clean our cars/clients cars way too much, we need the big stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to stock the smaller stuff too, better for samplers and people might want the spray bottles. 2 liters are for us veterans and people who come back for more. Since we base most of our purchases off of each others wisdom, the 2 liters are probably the better deal for both of us, considering we know what we'll be getting into. Just food for thought. :graduation:

11. Obsessive Detail

Yeah, so far I've decided to carry the 24 oz. and the 2 Liter sizes for sure. I'm still stuck between the 8 oz. and 16 oz. and the wax and sealant. The 16 oz. size seems pretty pricey to me.

12. Reflect

I guess it depends on the product. QD's are fine in 16oz. I'd go bigger for wheel cleaners and such.

13. Obsessive Detail

Update: Got my order finalized and placed today. It is supposed to ship out on Monday and I'm supposed to get it on the Monday after that. I have a ton of stuff coming, hopefully everyone needs a lot of Surf City stuff!

14. Reflect

Make sure you save some for yourself.

15. Obsessive Detail

Oh I will! I've tried quite a bit of their stuff, but there is a lot I haven't tried. I'm really looking forward to it. My wife says that I'm like a little kid waiting for a present!

16. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

haha I'm like that every time I order something.

Today I finally got my lowering springs for my LS. They for some reason took over a week to get to me from San Diego. But man was I getting that anxious excitement every day waiting for the mail to get here!

17. pektel

Oh, and I'm waiting to place my order until you receive that stuff. Hopefully the Super Fly towels will still be on sale!

18. Reflect

Didn't know that you were getting them! Good to hear. When they give you the 1000th customer award and give you 5 extra sets of springs, keep me in mind won't you Kramer?:p:

19. pektel

LOL. It was from a member on LVC. He gave his LS to his daughter, and had to put the stock springs back in. Got em for 100 bucks. Springtechs.

I have a winter beater taht I'm going to take a look at today (1985 chev 1/2 ton 4wd pickup. 9" total lift, 315/70 tires, and in primer black. I don't want anything that I'll get mad about if someone runs into me when it's icy out) and after I decide on it, the LS is getting the limited slip diff installed, along with the springs. I'm going to try to find a deal on the stock sport struts to replace the ones in there now.

20. Obsessive Detail

You guys crack me up!

Pete- as many Super Fly's that I have, they still should be on sale when the Surf City stuff comes in!