Suggestions for products?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by B.Prug87, Jul 15, 2012.

1. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 DB Forum Supporter

I am looking to get a little green machine and im curious as to what kind of cost effective cleaner i should look into? I am also interested to hear what kind of cost effect product you guys/girls would suggest for outside texture trim and engine bays?

2. B.Prug87

anybody?

3. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

The little green machine is pretty good for its size. For trim you can use black wow works great or Adams VRT..

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I use Folex in the LGM. It's under $20 a gallon IIRC @ Lowes.

5. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

+1 to Folex. I also have some Zep High Traffic Carpet Cleaner for HWE's

6. B.Prug87

how much do you typically add to the machine?

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I fill the resevoir to the 1st line (shampoo) with folex, then add water to the top line for the water level.

8. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Same here, it works GREAT! Especially when you pre-treat spots. I also have the Zep High-Traffic Carpet Shampoo, but I find myself using Folex more.

Only problem I find is if it is not THOROUGHLY removed from the fabric and allowed to dry, it can, as most shampoos I assume will, stay behind and give the carpet a harder feeling. So make sure you remove all of the product! Sometimes, I will even just spot treat, or spray folex and scrub, and then just run plain water through my LGM.

9. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

I dont put the product in my Little Bisslle machine, I spray the area and use a brush to work product in, let sit a few minutes then extract i have the pro heat one works great, use a all purpose cleaner also folex sometimes.